Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Driver's Side Mirror Vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:23 PM

I have a 2009 H3. I noticed the driver's side mirror vibrating a few days after I got the car; it's especially apparent at higher speeds (60+). About a month ago I told the service dept. about it and they said they would replace it under warranty. The new dirver's side mirror vibrates just as badly as the original one...looks like it's a manufacturer's defect.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 AM

FYI - I experienced this problem - only on the driver's side, and I am now awaiting the third new replacement mirror installed by the Dealer. My original mirror didn't vibrate but all the replacement ones have. It seems there is a bad production run so I don't think the third mirror is going to solve the problem. Unfortunately, I suspect that this is one of those issues that would have been dealt with if Hummer had continued as a brand, but no one wants to touch it now. Looks like it's up to me to fix it. Can someone please post exactly what you did with the foam rubber to stop the vibrating? Thank you.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mitch Williams
FYI - I experienced this problem - only on the driver's side, and I am now awaiting the third new replacement mirror installed by the Dealer. My original mirror didn't vibrate but all the replacement ones have. It seems there is a bad production run so I don't think the third mirror is going to solve the problem. Unfortunately, I suspect that this is one of those issues that would have been dealt with if Hummer had continued as a brand, but no one wants to touch it now. Looks like it's up to me to fix it. Can someone please post exactly what you did with the foam rubber to stop the vibrating? Thank you.
Mitch, this thread is 32 months old (from the last post) and started July 2008, you are having a conversation with yourself?

Welcome to the forums, but take a look at the thread below.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Old 09-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Default Loose mirror

Originally Posted by H3Dude812
mine does it. I took it apart and it seems the gearing and motro is a little loose on the horizontal. Twice I have taken it apart (just the mirror and mounting plate) and after putting it back together it is tight for a whle.
Be sure you use Permatex Threadlocker Blue on all bolt threads when you repair the mirror.
this holds tight; don’t use red unless you never plan on removing the bolt! On 3nd thought, use the red!!!

Old 09-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChiefUSN
Be sure you use Permatex Threadlocker Blue on all bolt threads when you repair the mirror.
this holds tight; don’t use red unless you never plan on removing the bolt! On 3nd thought, use the red!!!
What did you miss about the post directly before yours from 2012?????? Now it is more than TEN YEARS OLD.

"Mitch, this thread is 32 months old (from the last post) and started July 2008, you are having a conversation with yourself?"

Welcome to the forums, but take a look at the thread in this link and AVOID digging up OLD threads! READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 09-04-2019, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
What did you miss about the post directly before yours from 2012?????? Now it is more than TEN YEARS OLD. "32 months old
Wha..wha what...sorry bit sleepy here. Mine always vibrated and still does 3,500 days later through three 'warranty' replacements on the left (and one on the wrong side!) Honestly...at the end...it was clear some Hummer dealers were just scumbags and some parts were just bad.

Would be nice if GM dumped the data for us so we could see which dealers 'where doing what'...

Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Cool

At Home Depot they have small clear plastic feet that are self adhesive. You'll find them in the aisle where they have feet for chair bottoms and furniture legs. They are used to place on the bottom of things to keep them from marring tabletops, floors and such. They are about 1/4" - 1/2" in diameter and easily trimmable with a utility knife. Trim one up, rotate your mirror out of the way, stick it down, move mirror back. Problem solved. They're like $3.99 for 1 dozen of them. Easy cheap fix.