Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Brake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Default Brake question

Daughter calls this morning and says your car has no brakes. I get it home, not leaking fluid anywhere. I see air bubbles coming out the driver side brake line. Get a new line, take the old off and no fluid in it. No fluid leaked when I took off the metal line to hook up the new one. Tried to bleed the line and only air comes out. The fluid is not getting into the line but my wife said it was building pressure. So something else is not working and I need some help figuring that out. Any ideas on why no fluid is coming out when I bleed it?

Old 01-30-2020, 03:51 AM

Have you tried reverse bleeding? Also, does the other side have fluid coming out when trying to bleed?

Old 01-30-2020, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Have you tried reverse bleeding? Also, does the other side have fluid coming out when trying to bleed?
After I changed the line, I didn't have time to check because I had some place to be at a certain time but when I was looking for the problem, the other side had fluid. I will double check tonight. When I loosen the four lines on the master cylinder, fluid comes out.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 AM

If there isn't any fluid in the line and there is fluid coming from the master cylinder there must be some sort of blockage in the line between the master cylinder and the brake line connection you put the new line on.
Here is the basic system and how it works. A little more complicated than the old PS Booster with the addition of StabiliTrak.
Hope this helps ya.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Look into the GM brake line recall for info. Basically the flex brake lines suffered from unexpected advanced corrosion and some had to be replaced. Corrosion can build up to an obstruction if significant enough.