PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Default brake fluid

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has used silicone based brake fluid on their H2 before? I heard from a friend that it performs well

Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 PM

I wouldn't.

I have found that 1) it is not compatible with the DOT3 or DOT4 fluids so you would need to really flush the brake system before using DOT5 (synthetic)
2) DOT5 is for vehicles w/o ABS, unless
3) the vehicle is specifically designed for DOT5 synthetic fluid.

BTW, that web site is not brake fluid. That fluid is for everything from antiperspirant to hair care.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado Springs

Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 PM

Silicone based Cannot be used with ABS.

DOT4 - ATE Super Blue or Gold. The color difference is so when you flush the system you can see that it is completely changed. I used this on my Viper and Porsche 911 for the track. We were required to flush it every 6 months. Brake fluid is the most overlooked fluids in a vehicle. It should be flushed at least once a year for street vehicles.

Great brake fluid makes a difference.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 PM

Racing Brake Fluid

Brake Fluid is rated by dry boiling point (for fluid fresh out of the bottle) and wet boiling point (for fluid saturated with moisture). If you bleed brakes frequently, the dry boiling point is most important. If you do not change your brake fluid often, the wet boiling point becomes more important. All of our fluids except AP600 will mix with DOT 3, 4, and 5.1 fluids. None of the fluids we carry are compatible with DOT 5 (silicone) fluids.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/gro...pID=BRAKEFLUID

Old 07-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJINCO
BTW, that web site is not brake fluid. That fluid is for everything from antiperspirant to hair care.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha..

Phew. That was seriously funny. You'll have to forgive me for laughing at others pain.. but that wasn't a link provided by the original poster. That was an automatically generated hot-link for advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by TBarrow
Silicone based Cannot be used with ABS.

DOT4 - ATE Super Blue or Gold. The color difference is so when you flush the system you can see that it is completely changed. I used this on my Viper and Porsche 911 for the track. We were required to flush it every 6 months. Brake fluid is the most overlooked fluids in a vehicle. It should be flushed at least once a year for street vehicles.

Great brake fluid makes a difference.
okay, thanks. I'll look into switching to that.