Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

brake bleed attempt with questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:43 PM
Default brake bleed attempt with questions

So i been thinking i have had issues with my brakes. so i had to rotate the tires because of a oil change so figure i would check the brake fluid. So i looked up and that you have to turn the ignition on, then bleed from Right rear then left rear then Front Right then front Left. Well the back went well the fluid came out like a dark green. when i got to the front right the fluid wasn’t coming out constantly like the back brakes. it was like spurts with air bubbles. is that normal for the front? or should it have been constant stream? also how free do the wheels spin in neutral when all the wheels are off the ground. it seems like that middle drive shaft doesnt allow them to spin that good. is that normal?

Old 08-30-2021, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Got no idea what you looked up, but the brakes feed from the same brake fluid reservoir so when you drain out a bunch from one or two, there will not be much left to be draining from the rest, you are just cleaning out the line.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:49 AM

If what you mean is the rear brake the fluid came out as long as you held pressure on the brake pedal (the pump kept pumping), while the front brakes the pedal went to the floor and you had to close the bleeder to pump up pressure again, then yes, that was my experience.

Can't comment about the air, but if you didn't close the bleeder before you picked up your foot, maybe you sucked air back in?

Reread Doc's message, and yes, I found that the reservoir level decreased at a faster rate than I had anticipated. Be sure to keep an eye on that as you bleed.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=brothapig;387708]If what you mean is the rear brake the fluid came out as long as you held pressure on the brake pedal (the pump kept pumping), while the front brakes the pedal went to the floor and you had to close the bleeder to pump up pressure again, then yes, that was my experience.

Can't comment about the air, but if you didn't close the bleeder before you picked up your foot, maybe you sucked air back in?

Reread Doc's message, and yes, I found that the reservoir level decreased at a faster rate than I had anticipated. Be sure to keep an eye on that as you bleed.[/QUOTE ok cool i was a little worried jist wanted to make sure thats how it went. yeah the front was quick compared to the back. so it made me nervous. but to as what i found on the bleed process doc can take a look. it looked legit so i followed it

brake bleeding process H3 Hummer

Old 08-31-2021, 05:07 PM

If it's coming out in spurts, then there is air in the lines.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:22 PM