Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Air Doc..Does it do anything???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

I think you can def. pick up 2-2.5mpg with the airdoc and a good aftermarket filter. Maybe even another mpg or 2 with a snorkel.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
150 buys almost 60 gallons, a 1000miles for me . spread out over the next 500 gal,thats 2mpg. but gone in 1 year so if it did that its worth it, 2 mpg, id buy.

a small unmeasurable increase in power is completly useless so you got to look at mileage. if no definet mpg then its a "platinum hyperdynaflectoriod" that claims 20% and delivers??? after 2 yr break in, 1 yr warr!

tom

always lookin
I agree with you. But I also agree that $150.00 is not allot of money. But yet I don't think anybody has money to through away for nothing. So far I haven't been convinced Air Docs does anything but empty my wallet. If anyone has any substantial proof otherwise please "speak now or forever hold your peace"

Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

For me to fully respond to this thread it would be promoting a product while not being a sponsor or vendor of Hummer Forums, which would be a violation of Forum Rules.... which would not be a good idea for a Moderator me thinks.

So much as I would like to share some juicy data and details, I have to pass.

I will share this general H3 info. By just replacing the stock (basically clean) air filter in the stock system with an aftermarket filter (K&N or AFE) it shows nothing, nada on a dyno. The weakest link (most ineffecient part) in the stock system is the resonator box with the accordian style stock hoses/couplers (this also applies to the Alpha Intake with resonator baffles), next is the air filter box inlet as to the 2006/07s, after that it is the filter, then the air filter box. In the 2008 & ups, the inlet was improved and you can mod that very easily to a 3.5"+ adapter, but honestly our testing shows the I5 does'nt need it, an it is questionable whether the Alpha benefits from that as well.

Carry on peeps.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 07-09-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Believe it or not "Mr Sceptical" is seriously thinking about ordering the AidDocs just to see if it makes any noticeable difference. Do you know if adding it causes allot of noticeable difference in engine sounds?

Last edited by Bondo John; 07-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Yes the intake is supposed to be a bit noisier and throatier, but not as bad as an open system.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Aid Doc??

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Default airdoc intake

This is my second H3, My first one was a 07 with stock tires, I put a truflow intake and the pcm for less tune,gas mileage went up 2 mpg,we got 19 on the interstate and a increase in power.I now have 08 with the same I 5 and 33 tires it was down on power and gas mileage 14 and 15 mpg,went with the airdoc and the alpha snorkel, my wife noticed the difference,added the pcm tune and noticed power gain and mpg up to 16 and 18,added the magnaflow exhaust didnt really increase mpg and added the drone that i am getting used to but dont know if i would do the exhaust if i had it to do over again.But I am telling you there is a lot of difference in the power now and all you have to do is test it coming off a ramp on the interstate.I dont need a dyno for that,I can feel the difference.This combo makes the I5 run and sound so much better.I know this 08 would out run my 07 hands down even with the bigger tires.Even my wife can feel the difference.If you are worried about the airdoc ,All you have to do is buy the airdoc with the alpha snorkel and if you dont like it put it on here and you will have no problem selling it.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by H3dentdoc
This is my second H3, My first one was a 07 with stock tires, I put a truflow intake and the pcm for less tune,gas mileage went up 2 mpg,we got 19 on the interstate and a increase in power.I now have 08 with the same I 5 and 33 tires it was down on power and gas mileage 14 and 15 mpg,went with the airdoc and the alpha snorkel, my wife noticed the difference,added the pcm tune and noticed power gain and mpg up to 16 and 18,added the magnaflow exhaust didnt really increase mpg and added the drone that i am getting used to but dont know if i would do the exhaust if i had it to do over again.But I am telling you there is a lot of difference in the power now and all you have to do is test it coming off a ramp on the interstate.I dont need a dyno for that,I can feel the difference.This combo makes the I5 run and sound so much better.I know this 08 would out run my 07 hands down even with the bigger tires.Even my wife can feel the difference.If you are worried about the airdoc ,All you have to do is buy the airdoc with the alpha snorkel and if you dont like it put it on here and you will have no problem selling it.
What are you referring to when you say the "Alpha Snorkel"

Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bondo John
What are you referring to when you say the "Alpha Snorkel"
Your Alpha air filter box snorkel is larger than in diameter than the I5 air filter box inlet snorkel, they assumed you did not have an Alpha.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Your Alpha air filter box snorkel is larger than in diameter than the I5 air filter box inlet snorkel, they assumed you did not have an Alpha.
Thanks ....Now I understand...Bondo

Quick Reply: Air Doc..Does it do anything???