Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Air Doc..Does it do anything???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Thumbs down Air Doc..Does it do anything???

It's hard to believe that the Air Doc does anything to improve performance. The slight amount of airflow restrictions it removes doesn't seem enough to be worth it's purchase. Does anyone have any Dyno results or testing that would prove it adds any benefit worthy of installation and cost?? Thanks.... Bondo John

Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM

NOWWW you've gone and done it!......you poked a stick in Doc's cage

Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
NOWWW you've gone and done it!......you poked a stick in Doc's cage

lol.......

Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Bondo John
It's hard to believe that the Air Doc does anything to improve performance. The slight amount of airflow restrictions it removes doesn't seem enough to be worth it's purchase. Does anyone have any Dyno results or testing that would prove it adds any benefit worthy of installation and cost?? Thanks.... Bondo John
Depends on what you expect out of it. If you have a 5cyl. it will never be an Alpha, Heck it will never be a 6 cyl.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 PM

I have no numbers regarding HP gains other than seat of the pants impressions.

But.....

There was enough of a performance improvement, that my wife noticed it immediately from her side of the truck without knowing I had installed the intake....

That let ME know that my impressions were correct and just not a bunch of wishful thinking on my part.

MPG was improved as well.

These numbers were on a new 2007 I5 Adventure running 12.50 X 33 Swampers and a SMA brush guard.

Last edited by Gunner_45; 07-06-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 PM

I have owned 3 H3's. First was an 06 Lux with the 3.5. Only mods were a Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust and an Airdoc Intake. Those 2 combined did improve acceleration in the higher RPM range. Next was the 08 Lux with the 3.7. Mods were a Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Airdoc Intake, a PCMforless tune and an Alpha airbox intake snorkle both with a K&N Filter. The 08 was a little screamer. It was amazing the zip it had. I now have a 10 Alpha with the offroad pkg. I do have an Airdoc Intake and a Magnaflow Catback Exhaust on it. I am still deciding on which route to go with the PCM. May do a Superchips (Not available for the 3.5 or the 3.7) or drive to Mooresville and get a custom PCMforless tune. Bottom line is each mod will help a little but the secret is the combination. Truthfully, the 08 with the 4 mods ran almost as well as the stock Alpha. I definitley need to change the shift firmness and shift points on the Alpha. The biggest driveabilty difference you will feel is with the PCM tune. Airdoc Intakes are a quality product but will work best in combination with the other mods.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gunner_45
I have no numbers regarding HP gains other than seat of the pants impressions.

But.....

There was enough of a performance improvement, that my wife noticed it immediately from her side of the truck without knowing I had installed the intake....

That let ME know that my impressions were correct and just not a bunch of wishful thinking on my part.

MPG was improved as well.

These numbers were on a new 2007 I5 Adventure running 12.50 X 33 Swampers and a SMA brush guard.

I do see a slight improvement in MPG after Air Doc. But this may be do to increased mileage on the vehicle. As you can see as the vehicle gets more miles on it the MPG usually will get better. I see people saying the Air Doc gets them better performance. But when you add other improvement at the same time you can't say witch improvement actually caused the increase. Plus "seat of the pants improvement" really don't mean anything. In many cases you think a ad on will be better so your only thinking in a bias toward that idea and you may imagine it weather it's true or not. I'm looking for actual numbers showing immediate improvement with just Air Doc. Call me cynical but I don't think I'm going to find this.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM

I do see a slight improvement in MPG after Air Doc. But this may be do to increased mileage on the vehicle. As you can see as the vehicle gets more miles on it the MPG usually will get better. I see people saying the Air Doc gets them better performance. But when you add other improvement at the same time you can't say witch improvement actually caused the increase. Plus "seat of the pants improvement" really don't mean anything. In many cases you think a ad on will be better so your only thinking in a bias toward that idea and you may imagine it weather it's true or not. I'm looking for actual numbers showing immediate improvement with just Air Doc. Call me cynical but I don't think I'm going to find this.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 AM

It's an air intake, not a blower for crying out loud. How much performance do you think you are going to get?? If it even just expands the area under the HP curve without even increasing the HP #'s, then it's worth it. I own a performance shop and it baffles me how mnay people get caught up in dyno numbers. If the product gained say 5 peak hp on your dyno run but lost overall area under the curve...would you buy it??

Anytime you can get air in/out easier, it is a plus. Period.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

it may be a + but will it pay off b4 my grandkids have grandkids. i doubt it

figger the cost/benefit and ???x years to pay for itself

ive bought stuff that paid off first time used,,,rare, then i hear a fairly sane guy on radio pushing a "platinum" gas gizmo that gets 20%,,,man i want 2 !!!

hey if its a feel good ego thing, just send your credit card and brag your axx off!

tom

i think ill buy the gizmo and come back and post numbers on my next trip to pa. now which way is it that i get 10?%?, east or west!!

Quick Reply: Air Doc..Does it do anything???