Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

07 Hummer H3 stuck in 4Hi Lock, coolant leak, poor acceleration, motor mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 02:19 PM
Smile 07 Hummer H3 stuck in 4Hi Lock, coolant leak, poor acceleration, motor mounts.

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum, started researching all the topics mentioned above after buying my 07 H3 (232K miles) and ya'll helped me a lot.
-First problem I had was the transfer getting stuck in 4Hi lock after I test-drove it, I never had an AWD vehicle before so I thought it was normal, after researching here found out I had a problem(stuck in 4Hi Lock), drove it in Revere and switched to AWD for a couple miles and then, in a tight turn it went to 4Hi lock again, read a lot of different causes (plastic shift fork, transfer shift motor or module, wiring, worn out transfer) so I decided to remove the front driveshaft (again, after reading that here) and suddenly stopped moving after a stop light (read that here also), Traction Control and ABS lights went on, luckily I left the shaft and bolts in my trunk as well as my tool box so I pulled over, put the shaft back in AND removed the NEGATIVE terminal of the battery for a couple minutes, restarted it and its been 2 weeks without any problems, I think all it needed was a RESET.
-Had a coolant leak on the Quick-Connect fittings that go to the heater core (had the same problem with a 99 5.3 Silverado) so I just cut the hoses with a knife right where the Crap-Connect fittings start, put a 1/2- to -1-1/4in worm gear hose clamp on each one and problem solved, no leaks so far.
-I felt like truck was lacking power when stepping slightly on the gas, so replaced the air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor and what a difference, drives great now.
-One of the front shocks was blown so I replaced both (it was piece of cake) and WOW, feels super steady now.
-Truck vibrated a lot when idling and when accelerating from a stop, inspected the motor mounts and they were crap, passenger side was a piece of cake (jacked the engine and truck, removed the tire, wheel well and bent the sheet metal on the back to make more room, mount ended up coming out from the top, just had to move the blower motor hose out of the way. Driver side was a PITA, did the same as passenger's side but had to disconnect a tube/pipe that goes from the engine to the heater core so I had to drain all the coolant. Battery, fuse box, harnesses are on top and you have the front differential on the bottom so I had to jiggle it in all directions to taka it out from the side (bending the sheet metal helps a lot) and disconnect 2 sensors too. Took me like 3-4 hours. Transmission mount was a piece of cake.
-Had a transmission fluid leak, thought it was the pump/converter seal but ended up being the dipstick tube grommet, cleaned everything with brush, sprayed carb cleaner, replaced it (some fluid drained out so had to refill).
-While changing the passenger's side mount, saw the upstream oxygen sensor craked/loose right in the middle, I ordered both online so I'll replace them next weekend, BTW got the CheckEngine light on and truck stalls only when cold, I'll let you know how everything goes.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:47 AM

Welcome to the forum...

The search key is your buddy.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

MOVED.... because, like it says, posted in the New Member Area, "THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECH QUESTIONS."

I do not see a tech question in there, but there is a bunch more than a "Hello, I'm a new guy" with an intro.

Enjoy.