Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

Tank fuel line disconnect tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Default Tank fuel line disconnect tool

Hello All. I have a 05 SUT and I'm in the process of replacing the rusted out fuel pump from within the tank. I can't find the correct fuel line disconnect tool.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Looks like a snap on..

Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 PM

Just so happens I'm about to do the same job on my SUV.

I asked the same question and I was told not tools required, if you find something let me know. Perhaps a piece of plastic with a notch in would suffice?

BTW what fuel pump model have you purchased?

Old 09-24-2019, 04:19 PM

I just completed this on my '03 SUV. I cant imagine the pumps and lines aren't the same. You do not need a special tool, you simply pinch the plastic tabs that are on the end of the connector. I had an issue where the metal line was stuck inside the plastic line. There is a plastic washer that seized onto the metal fuel pump line, I had to cut the line and work it out with pliers.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by coffeydp
I just completed this on my '03 SUV. I cant imagine the pumps and lines aren't the same. You do not need a special tool, you simply pinch the plastic tabs that are on the end of the connector. I had an issue where the metal line was stuck inside the plastic line. There is a plastic washer that seized onto the metal fuel pump line, I had to cut the line and work it out with pliers.
I never needed to cut, spray penetrant, pinch, wiggle, pull, release.

Old 02-17-2024, 03:22 AM

Hi Oceanbrave,

I hope you are well, it's been a long time, my air suspension is working perfectly, thank you again for all your help.

However I would appreciate your help again if possible, I have purchased a new fuel pump as it stopped providing fuel levels, the transmitter or float must have failed so I purchased a replacement unit and taken the opportunity to upgrade the fuel pump to a 65PSI pump (my motor upgrade has always shown signs of fuel starvation on full throttle) my problem as per the austinwae the thread starter, I can't remove the 5/8 line off the pump. A standard fuel line tool does nothing and pinching the two tags on the line also don't release it. How do I remove it, any suggestions would be appreciated.
The pump I have is similar to the one shown by austinwae with a fuel outlet and a 5/8 outlet, I believe this is a breather line or possibly a return line

Old 02-17-2024, 04:54 PM

the o-rings are probably stuck onto the pump fitting. try using a penetrating fluid and movement on the hose if possible.

Old 02-18-2024, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
the o-rings are probably stuck onto the pump fitting. try using a penetrating fluid and movement on the hose if possible.
Thank you, it worked.

Old 02-18-2024, 03:43 AM

Hi Hmmr, yes been a while, all good here in UK, hope things are OK where you are.

Thanks to bronxteck's suggestion it looks like you've sorted your Evap line.

As fyi @ 13.21 time mark is a similar issue in this video, hope yours wasn't as bad.