Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Advice needed for removing fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Default Advice needed for removing fuel tank

My 03 H2 needs a new fuel pump. Its leaking at the lines coming out of the top of the pump. The lines coming from the top of the pump have rust all over them and there is gas stains in the ring around the sending unit. I smelled a strong odor of fuel at the rear drivers side wheel well and looked at the top of the fuel tank and can see the lines are wet with fuel. I was looking for someone who has pulled their tank and wouldn't mind walking me through the procedure. Thanks for any hints.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM

most tanks are about the same.

Drain all the fuel out (This is a MUST)
Use a floor jack or a trans jack to hold it in place
Unbolt the straps or unbolt it from the vehicle
Lower down using jack....

If you have to get into the tank, most of them are bolted together clamping them together.

Just reverse everythng going back in.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Thanks jsbihn, I have done fuel pumps before but not on the H2's yet. There are so many fuel lines on and around the tank. I put this out there to see if anyone who has done their pump could tell me the exact sequence in which they did so I don't break any line's by stressing or pulling on the fuel line's. There is a skid plate made of hard plastic around the entire tank, and I,m not sure if when I start removing these bolts if there are straps for the tank under the skid plate holding the tank up or it will release the whole tank?