Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

Hood Stuck!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Default RE: Hood Stuck!!

I used the 4 small air bags in my neighbors lock out kit. It has pretty much anything you need to open the average car. The bagsare small 6" square with one way valves.They are for wedging doors and windows open to get a slim jim in easier. I put them in between the hood and the cowl and lifted the hood enough to get a 36" long 1/2" drill bit on the latch and persuaded it with a hammer till it gave. If anyone ever has this problem these little bags worked great but wood wedges and some towels would also do it I guess but might scratch the cowl. I put the new Optima Red Top in. What a difference on the starting! everything is brighter then ever, Even when it was new and unabused!!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Does anyone still use this site???

Old 07-05-2018, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by IHNEVELS
The problem sounds like a simple adjustment. If you pull the release and go and bump the front of the hood they will usually release. take it to the dealer and they can adj. the latch.
Bumping the front of a engine hood on an H2 Hummer will do absolutely nothing considering that's not where the latch is right in front of the windshield hoods open backwards right

Old 07-05-2018, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Don54
Does anyone still use this site???
yes I look at it whenever I'm having an issue

Old 07-05-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by HMH2SUT
I have brought it in twice and told them the problem and it worked fine of course at the dealer. I have tryedbumpin itevery possible direction while someone was pulling the handle also. I ranthe batterydead yesterday while working in the garage.So I would need a tow out of the garage and to the dealer.My SUT is shoe horned into the garage. I have less then an inch over head with the roof racks off.Theres gotta be some trick some one knows. How would the dealer guys get it open?... I don't like anyone wrenchin on my truck but me unless I know the person well. I picked up a new Optima Red Top as the replacement. I also just ordered the Ready lift leveling kit. Anyone try it yet?
going through the exact same issue right now and it is a real nightmare trying to get this hood open it just all of a sudden one day decided it wasn't going to work anymore good thing I had just changed my oil and filter and service everything close the engine Hood and it decided never to open again kind of a bummer because I would like to change my crank sensors

Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gary Butler
going through the exact same issue right now and it is a real nightmare trying to get this hood open it just all of a sudden one day decided it wasn't going to work anymore good thing I had just changed my oil and filter and service everything close the engine Hood and it decided never to open again kind of a bummer because I would like to change my crank sensors
There is NEVER any reason to bump an OLD AZZED thread in the wrong section repeatedly. Please avoid that in the future. Just because you found some old thread you think relates to your current problem does not mean you need to dig it up. Read all you want, avoid necro-bumping.

Thank you.

See: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/