Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 SUT (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-sut-18/)
-   -   Hood Stuck!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-sut-18/hood-stuck-8411/)

HMH2SUT 11-25-2007 01:22 PM

Hood Stuck!!

Whats up guys. I have been having trouble with opening my hood pretty much since I bought my SUT. It works when it wants to it seems. I could open it 20 times one day then not be able to release it for a week. Everything is greased and moving free. It's stuck for good this time. Does anyone know a trick to open with out breaking anything?????

2005 SUT
" If your not stuck! your not driving hard enough!"

TheGunnyRet 11-25-2007 02:04 PM

RE: Hood Stuck!!

Welcome, I don't have an H2so I can't help

IHNEVELS 11-25-2007 02:54 PM

The problem sounds like a simple adjustment. If you pull the release and go and bump the front of the hood they will usually release. take it to the dealer and they can adj. the latch.

HMH2SUT 11-25-2007 03:27 PM

I have brought it in twice and told them the problem and it worked fine of course at the dealer. I have tryedbumpin itevery possible direction while someone was pulling the handle also. I ranthe batterydead yesterday while working in the garage.So I would need a tow out of the garage and to the dealer.My SUT is shoe horned into the garage. I have less then an inch over head with the roof racks off.Theres gotta be some trick some one knows. How would the dealer guys get it open?... I don't like anyone wrenchin on my truck but me unless I know the person well. I picked up a new Optima Red Top as the replacement. I also just ordered the Ready lift leveling kit. Anyone try it yet?

Doc Olds 11-25-2007 03:39 PM

Just a crazy thought. Is the hood release cable broke or not connected? Can you even tell? I'm a 3 guy, but w/ skid plates off from the bottom can you get to the latch cable? I have been there before w/ a similar problem and that sucks. [:@]

HMH2SUT 11-25-2007 03:57 PM

I Can hear and feel some movement at the latch area under the hood. Weather its attached or not who knows. I will give it another try tomorrow. IfI get frustrated I will end up ordering a new hood and using my new SawzALL to open it and be out of a ride even longer. My speedo went crazy the last time i drove it but reset when I hooked up a boost pack. I hope the new battery is the only issue with that. I have heard stories about multiple tranny replacements for some H2 owners I have 55000 veryRuff miles on mine so far.

Doc Olds 11-25-2007 04:10 PM

Is your problem a security disable based upon the dead battery??? Anybody? Can you run in juice thruapower outlet to get the system up? Then unlock the hood.

HMH2SUT 11-25-2007 04:15 PM

im gonna run to the store and see if i can get one of them,

HMH2SUT 11-25-2007 05:08 PM

Got It!!! my neighbor is a cop and he let me borrow his lock set. those air bags are paint savers to say the least!!! I would recommend to everyone to get a couple. they blow up with one of those blood pressure pumps and wont scratch the paint when prying something your not supposed too!

dizzy 11-25-2007 11:40 PM

Glad to hear you got the hood opened. I don,t understand how you opened it with air bags though.