Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
I really wish you hadn't done that!
I really don't want to have to drop $1600 (if it's $1400, might as well drop $200 more on the upgrade). I might have to justify the cost though, as I need to rebuild all of it anyways.

I wonder if the swaybar endlinks are better than stock.
I have the endlinks provided by hellwig & they are good. The whole kit was $130ish for the front as well as the end.
I need some endlinks for the back, though. I wonder if there exists an upgrade. I haven't seen one yet.

I'm really debating between the black or red UCA. I'm not sure yet. Red matches the adjuster on my shocks. Black blends in. I'd probably do the LCA in the same color.

Speaking of which, did you see the Kryptonite LCA? It's a $900 set!
No, i havent seen them yet, wasn't aware they were out yet...

For 500.00 for the uppers, no way do i want them to blend in, i want them to scream, look at me...lol...

I am saving up for the whole front end kit, i figure, buy it once, and never again..

Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 PM

I didn't post this yesterday (didn't feel like double posting a lot).

I replaced my differential crossmember with a custom one made by scorpworks in AZ.
I still need to get a shot of it installed. I wanted to get it naked (no skid plate mounted beneath), but I needed to finish up before the weather took a turn.

Here's the original in all it's filthy glory:
Name:  9h1eRFM.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  189.1 KB

Here's a pic of the replacement. Check out that bushing!
Name:  Ux3Jzqy.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  228.7 KB

Here is a pick of the finished product. Note, it's not my pic, but from someone else who installed it.

The bushing upgrade eliminated all of the shaking in the gas/break pedal. It also removed about 90% of the steering wheel shake.

Last edited by Synthetickiller; 05-12-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Banned

I didn't post this yesterday (didn't feel like double posting a lot).

I replaced my differential crossmember with a custom one made by scorpworks in AZ.
I still need to get a shot of it installed. I wanted to get it naked (no skid plate mounted beneath), but I needed to finish up before the weather took a turn.

Here's the original in all it's filthy glory:

Here's a pic of the replacement. Check out that bushing!

Here is a pick of the finished product. Note, it's not my pic, but from someone else who installed it.

The bushing upgrade eliminated all of the shaking in the gas/break pedal. It also removed about 90% of the steering wheel shake.
What did that run you...

Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 PM

I have just replaced spark plugs, wires, battery, air filter oil and oil filter. Not much but enough for now. I love reading about all the suspension/stearing upgrades because that is on my to-do list. I want to do front and back along with new shocks and brakes.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Crawdaddyjc
I have just replaced spark plugs, wires, battery, air filter oil and oil filter. Not much but enough for now. I love reading about all the suspension/stearing upgrades because that is on my to-do list. I want to do front and back along with new shocks and brakes.
I have rotors & break pads I need to install.
I'm debating to wait & do that at the same time I do the upper control arms or just do it now & hope it won't inhibit me as much.

I have to call King about rear shocks still. If I can save $200 by not buying an adjuster, I probably will.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Talking Side Rocker "Protector" Bars

I haven't seemed to find what their called exactly, their not the step bars. Its either nerf bars or "Rocker Protector Bars" as GM says in their parts catalog but I had both of mine taken off, sandblasted, and powder coated satin black. They look amazing and best of all NO MORE RUST. I made the decision about 2 months ago I'd be proactive and save these from being permenently screwed up. Being originals from 2003 they surprisingly held in their very well, so it was definitely time for some treatment before that point of no return. Best part overall, it was only a fraction of the cost to have my set restored instead of a new pair from the dealer of course. Ive been keeping my eye on eBay listings for a new set or lightly used set but thats few and far between so that made my decision easy. Ive seen a few new sets available but it seems hard to justify the cost after having these restored. But I should stock up with a good set for when the time comes again if these originals ever need replacement. The satin black is almost an exact match to their factory coating and texture if not better, so I am very pleased with the results.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by liveinxs
What did that run you...
Around $450. There's a $150 core charge once I send in the old one. Depending on where you are, shipping rates change.

The fabrication garage that refurbs the cross members adds on a bushing that is oil resistant, unlike what GM offers.

Just ask for Dwaine. He'll know what you're talking about.
Here's the link: Link!
I was emailed an invoice via paypal. It was a pretty seamless process.
Take into account, there's basically a waiting list as it's a recycled process. He'll get my crossmember, clean it up, upgrade the bushing & ship it out. I look at it that having more people in the recycle loop is a good thing.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM

Rotating the 40s

Old 05-14-2015, 07:13 AM

I have rotors & break pads I need to install.
I'm debating to wait & do that at the same time I do the upper control arms or just do it now & hope it won't inhibit me as much.

I have to call King about rear shocks still. If I can save $200 by not buying an adjuster, I probably will.
If brakes are bad I wouldn't wait.
Replace the rotors and pads takes only 30 min per wheel
any impact gun will help a lot

Old 05-14-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
If brakes are bad I wouldn't wait.
Replace the rotors and pads takes only 30 min per wheel
any impact gun will help a lot
I may end up getting on this today.
I have an air ratchet, so I can save a lot of time that way.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?