Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Temp to low.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle
Well you have not responded back to facts of p0128 check engine, and you continue to bad mouth others, you surely think your have are right all the time, informed, smarter, and unfortunately degrade others. Sad story. I gave you the opportunity to prove me wrong about the orifice. No response. I am a new member for H2, owned 2 other H3, one an Alphaa, You are listed as a senior, act like it, Youu are the type that interrupts good conversation. You called a member pansy talking about upgrading to heated steering wheel. WTF
I gave up on you. I offer advice to anyone that reads your bs! To prevent overheating, causing damage to the engine:

Coolant Pressure and Flow Rate.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:06 AM

Did you even read the radiator tsb pdf I posted?

Last edited by Eagle; 12-02-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:14 PM
Default Did you find a fix?

Originally Posted by Eagle
Need some help here. Does the coolant circulate all time thru the recovery tank or just when thermostat is open? Here’s why I ask. Changed out radiator to a cold case all aluminum 6 months ago. The other day I got a P0128 code, temp to low. Took to dealer, they said thermostat. Put in a new 195 and still only 175 from obd port. Tech is telling me radiator is over cooling. Not sure I can buy that. This just started and has never happened in cool weather before. Any ideas guys? 2006 H2 I am thinking faulty new thermostat it is always pushing thru recovery tank. Could somebody look at there 2 and see coolant is flowing all the time thru tank. Update here, new recovery tank cap. Nope. Clamped off recovery tank hose between rad and tank, back to normal temps. What’s up here. Update. Factory Gm radiators have a orifice inside outlet to rad recovery tank to limit flow. I have a feeling that it’s not built into my radiator. Have read that if you have replaced your radiator with aftermarket plastic radiator and having low temp prob. Remove and replace with gm. Example some have used Napa rad and had this prob. Won’t go back to gm but keep aluminum rad and use some type of orifice to fix. Need to find out orifice size.

Re: Did you ever find a fix? I just installed a new radiator & fail safe t-stat and I'm having the same issue.