Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear side window removal H2

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 07:03 PM
Default Rear side window removal H2

Glass Broke passenger back side door window. I'm attempting to replace the glass. I can't turn the new glass once I drop it inside the door panel, it will not twist as if there's not enough room. I tried everything.

Does anyone know the trick here?

Old 02-26-2024, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. I moved this from the New Member Section as that is strictly for introductions, not Tech Questions.

You should get some help soon from H2 owners.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:00 AM

The service manual just says to remove the run channel, outer belt weather strip, and inside stabilizer (appears to be a smallish part near the mid rear edge of the door) and then the window should come out.

Old 02-28-2024, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The service manual just says to remove the run channel, outer belt weather strip, and inside stabilizer (appears to be a smallish part near the mid rear edge of the door) and then the window should come out.
Better to have a door window blow out then a Far rear glued in one. Once on the Way to Corvettes at Carlisle in PA. A truck passed me on the Turn Pike at about 80. I was in the right lane cru-zen whit the H2 at about 70 MPH. Just as he passed one of his Re-Capped tires blew off and smacked the Far rear glass driver side.It looked like a Spider web.

Went to Safe Lite Glass. I said....how do you get that out it all in one piece and is all cracked? He said watch...... They opened the rear hatch and put down a Cargo blanket on the inside and covered everything.

Then he took a Big F-ing hammer and bashed the glass till it all went into the cargo area. Then pulled the pieces out of the frame and cleaned the glue area. Shot some gack in the channel and slapped in a new window.

What's funny is I was in Carlisle Penna. and he had the window on the shelf.