Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Push to talk and onstar

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:31 PM
Default Push to talk and onstar

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2009 hummer h2 with 64k miles. The truck is in great condition and there are two unresolved issues. My main concern is the push to talk button and OnStar system. The push to talk button will pause the radio with a single press, but the push to talk system will NOT activate therefore eliminating Bluetooth connection. I noticed the OnStar system was unresponsive and had NO lights. The previous owner had pulled the OnStar fuse. I replaced the fuse but I still have no OnStar lights or response. Also no Push to talk response. Do I need to do some reactivation procedure for the OnStar to activate push to talk? I don't care about OnStar, just Bluetooth.

*in the hidden menu on the nav, I tested the microphone successfully but it says to press the PTT button and it did It indicate a response. I know the hardware works because it will pause music.

Where do I go next?

Old 02-23-2019, 12:52 PM

Did you try pulling the dash to see if they disconnected the on star altogether from the harness? There is a problem with it killing the battery if it's trying to get a signal and fails, it will continuously try until the battery dies. I pulled the fuse on mine for the same reason because I don't use it

Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM

the only trucks that i had problems with looking for signal was the old models 03/04 and some 05 like mine its an 04 since the old system analog was left in the dust without signal the onstart will try locking a signal and end up killing the battery but this one is a newer truck .. im thinking the last owner pulled the module or disconected because your not getting a light at all . even a red light ??????

Old 03-03-2019, 06:46 PM

Thanks everyone. I'll try pulling the dash apart this weekend and update.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boohoonek
Thanks everyone. I'll try pulling the dash apart this weekend and update.
i just noticed you are in tampa . i moved out of tampa not long ago 2017 town n country area . man i would of help you find the problem on a free weekend if i was still down there .