Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Will anything make the ride smoother

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Default Will anything make the ride smoother

Hi Every1

I love my H2 but I cant stop complaining about how it rides , if the road is a little bumpy it makes my ride miserable , it feels like falling apart

I had a F150 , a Expedition and drove a diversity of other cars and trucks but never another Hummer . So I dont know if it is a problem with mine or a common issue

And Im not talking about the cabin plastic noises .

Any solution ? , Shocks may be too hard? , any thing will make it better ?
BTW I did check the front end and seems good .

2006 H2 70K miles

If cant be fixed I will have to learn how to live with that ... As selling it Isnt a option .
Thanks in advance

Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 AM

What are you running for tires and what size rims ?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Best way to see if its the truck or the breed, find a '06 at a dealership and take it for a spin...

Old 11-03-2012, 04:13 PM

Its the truck, not the breed. Any oem parts been changed out to aftermarket?

Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM

I was thinking more about it as I was dosing off at the wheel. It's not the breed, these things ride way too nice. Maybe the shocks are done for, or maybe your just getting old..

Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rooster
I was thinking more about it as I was dosing off at the wheel. It's not the breed, these things ride way too nice. Maybe the shocks are done for, or maybe your just getting old..
Lol yeah what he said!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM

No aftermarket parts , in fact Im still running the original rims , tires are Kumho 315/70/17
Yeah maybe it is just me getting old IM already 37 , I got the truck when I was 36 , Big difference LOL

KNowing isnt the breed then Im going to try to replace the shocks and do a professional inspection

Thanks all

Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM

I will be 49 next month and my 07 H2 Lux (no air suspension...) rides better than my Grand Cherokee! It IS a heavy vehicle with bigger tires and will ride differently. If the ride is THAT bad then I would check for a bad tire, blown shocks, dear caught in the drive shaft, etc... Could it also be that you expected a different ride than what the H2 can deliver? If you find something let us know!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
I will be 49 next month and my 07 H2 Lux (no air suspension...) rides better than my Grand Cherokee! It IS a heavy vehicle with bigger tires and will ride differently. If the ride is THAT bad then I would check for a bad tire, blown shocks, dear caught in the drive shaft, etc... Could it also be that you expected a different ride than what the H2 can deliver? If you find something let us know!
I will post after the inspection , Tires are almost new , I will go first for the shocks ,
Having light trucks before I may be wanting a smother ride but even that Im sure something must be wrong , I will check and post . Thanks

Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 AM

What is your tire pressure?

Quick Reply: Will anything make the ride smoother