Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Will anything make the ride smoother

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Have someone check your tires. See if they are balanced, evenly worn, and fresh dates on them. You could be experiencing the beginnings of a tread seperation if they are old.

Then again I could be way off, it could be your shocks are worn out. Mine rides really smooth. I run 40-45 psi in the tires when using it around town and anyone who has been here knows that the streets here in L.A. are like driving in beirut in the 80's.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM

I understand! My previous vehicles wer Cadillacs and navigators.. h2 rides very rough ..but maybe new shocks will help

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM

I run 55 psi on the tires , they are relative new , I found two problems , the shocks are bad but also there are a rubber mounts between the chassis and the cabin which may be worn . I hear a chirp there every time hit a bump ...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 PM

subscribed for updates here. my h2 rides really well, even with the boggers. i have a full aftermarket suspension though with piggy backs and all.

the first one i drove, definitely rode like a 2500 series truck, it was a bit rough and was noticeable at the first corner. Im not sure if they are all like that though, the one i drove was higher mileage and probably needed shocks.

steve

Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by H2Miami
I run 55 psi on the tires , they are relative new , I found two problems , the shocks are bad but also there are a rubber mounts between the chassis and the cabin which may be worn . I hear a chirp there every time hit a bump ...
My yellow rubber bumpstops on the front control arms are hitting the frame ..is that normal?Looks like my frame is sitting on them...no gap at all.. is this a sign that I need new front shocks?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM

Strange, the shocks don't really support any weight on the front end. its your torsion bars. they could be worn. Find out what your stock ride height was and check it to see if the front end is sagging alittle. If it is you can adjust it using the torsion bars to bring it back up to stock.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Strange, the shocks don't really support any weight on the front end. its your torsion bars. they could be worn. Find out what your stock ride height was and check it to see if the front end is sagging alittle. If it is you can adjust it using the torsion bars to bring it back up to stock.
Now you had mention that ... A year ago I replace one of the yellow rubber bumpstops ... It was completely bad ...

Now I realized the vibration Ive been talking may be a little sagging on the frot end ...

I will check the height tomorrow to be sure ...

Thanks for the input

Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Mine rides really smooth. I run 40-45 psi in the tires when using it around town and anyone who has been here knows that the streets here in L.A. are like driving in beirut in the 80's.
Really that high, I've put 40 in mine once and it rode like a damn tank. 35 pounds I get the best ride and pretty decent gas milage.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
My 2006 h2 has the same problem, and I already change the shocks thinking that will help and nothing so I change the air ride bags and still the same hardly any different so i started to think that it could be the tires, I'm still driving on the original rims with 325 / 70 / 17.
I did noticed when I put them on 6 months ago but I thought it would just get smother as the tires get a few miles, well guess what nothing yet .. I will just hate to replace my tires with being on there for six months and a few hundred miles on them..

Old 01-23-2019, 06:59 AM

This is an old thread , I dont remember if I post where the chirp noise was coming from
it was the skid plate . One front bolt was loose, it was making that squirrel noise.
I replaced the shocks and ride improved a 50%
still having a rough ride but I g get used to it

Quick Reply: Will anything make the ride smoother