Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   Will anything make the ride smoother (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/will-anything-make-ride-smoother-29301/)

H2Miami 11-02-2012 11:08 PM

Will anything make the ride smoother

Hi Every1

I love my H2 but I cant stop complaining about how it rides , if the road is a little bumpy it makes my ride miserable , it feels like falling apart

I had a F150 , a Expedition and drove a diversity of other cars and trucks but never another Hummer . So I dont know if it is a problem with mine or a common issue

And Im not talking about the cabin plastic noises .

Any solution ? , Shocks may be too hard? , any thing will make it better ?
BTW I did check the front end and seems good .

2006 H2 70K miles

If cant be fixed I will have to learn how to live with that ... As selling it Isnt a option .
Thanks in advance

Bunger 11-03-2012 06:06 AM

What are you running for tires and what size rims ?

Rooster 11-03-2012 09:39 AM

Best way to see if its the truck or the breed, find a '06 at a dealership and take it for a spin...

bflorin 11-03-2012 04:13 PM

Its the truck, not the breed. Any oem parts been changed out to aftermarket?

Rooster 11-03-2012 05:44 PM

I was thinking more about it as I was dosing off at the wheel. It's not the breed, these things ride way too nice. Maybe the shocks are done for, or maybe your just getting old.. :D

Caraddict 11-04-2012 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 287469)
I was thinking more about it as I was dosing off at the wheel. It's not the breed, these things ride way too nice. Maybe the shocks are done for, or maybe your just getting old.. :D

Lol yeah what he said!:D

H2Miami 11-04-2012 08:22 AM

No aftermarket parts , in fact Im still running the original rims , tires are Kumho 315/70/17
Yeah maybe it is just me getting old :mad: IM already 37 , I got the truck when I was 36 , Big difference LOL

KNowing isnt the breed then Im going to try to replace the shocks and do a professional inspection

Thanks all

Man1nboat 11-04-2012 09:10 PM

I will be 49 next month and my 07 H2 Lux (no air suspension...) rides better than my Grand Cherokee! It IS a heavy vehicle with bigger tires and will ride differently. If the ride is THAT bad then I would check for a bad tire, blown shocks, dear caught in the drive shaft, etc... Could it also be that you expected a different ride than what the H2 can deliver? If you find something let us know!

H2Miami 11-04-2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat (Post 287511)
I will be 49 next month and my 07 H2 Lux (no air suspension...) rides better than my Grand Cherokee! It IS a heavy vehicle with bigger tires and will ride differently. If the ride is THAT bad then I would check for a bad tire, blown shocks, dear caught in the drive shaft, etc... Could it also be that you expected a different ride than what the H2 can deliver? If you find something let us know!

I will post after the inspection , Tires are almost new , I will go first for the shocks ,
Having light trucks before I may be wanting a smother ride but even that Im sure something must be wrong , I will check and post . Thanks

nlhummer 11-05-2012 08:48 AM

What is your tire pressure?