Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

problem starting my h2

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Default problem starting my h2

hello guys I have a h2 03', but im having problems starting it, went i tried to start the engine I have to tried twice and some times more than that, but went it start the engine function pretty well, sooo i check the fuel pump but its ok, I replace the fuel filter, and also the fuel pressure regulator... anyone have an idea of what could be?

Old 03-21-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Licjhondelacruz
hello guys I have a h2 03', but im having problems starting it, went i tried to start the engine I have to tried twice and some times more than that, but went it start the engine function pretty well, sooo i check the fuel pump but its ok, I replace the fuel filter, and also the fuel pressure regulator... anyone have an idea of what could be?
What you described sounds like a fuel pump. How did you determine the fuel pump was ok?

Old 03-21-2019, 04:11 PM

because i replace it with a new one, and a new fuel filter, an also after it start it runs perfectly, im just using the old fuel pump housing

Old 03-21-2019, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BowerPower
What you described sounds like a fuel pump. How did you determine the fuel pump was ok?
because it was replace for a new one went i change the fuel filter, the only old thing that im using is the fuel pump housing

Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Licjhondelacruz
because it was replace for a new one went i change the fuel filter, the only old thing that im using is the fuel pump housing
It sounds like a fuel problem to me. Just because the pump is new doesn't mean that it is good. You need to check fuel pressure before start and at cranking. Just because it runs fine doesn't mean the fuel pressure is adequate to start the vehicle. Most part store will let you borrow a pressure gauge.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:58 AM

A fuel pressure test is a must, cleaning your throttle body would be another good idea.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by BowerPower
It sounds like a fuel problem to me. Just because the pump is new doesn't mean that it is good. You need to check fuel pressure before start and at cranking. Just because it runs fine doesn't mean the fuel pressure is adequate to start the vehicle. Most part store will let you borrow a pressure gauge.
thanks for the advice I'm gonna do it... I'll let u know the results

Old 03-22-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
A fuel pressure test is a must, cleaning your throttle body would be another good idea.
i did it in the past but I'll repeat it to see if that works

Old 03-22-2019, 06:16 PM

Leaking injector causing flooding when shutoff and allowed to sit
Check the fuel tank pressure, if the purge solenoid leaks and the vent solenoid does not open then fuel vapors will accumulate in the intake from vapor pressure from the tank and cause hard start issues (this will usually cause a fault code)

Neal

Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by legerwn
Leaking injector causing flooding when shutoff and allowed to sit
Check the fuel tank pressure, if the purge solenoid leaks and the vent solenoid does not open then fuel vapors will accumulate in the intake from vapor pressure from the tank and cause hard start issues (this will usually cause a fault code)

Neal
leaking injectors would only effect the start if the vehicle is warm and had been sitting for an hour or two. If you're having troubles only when it is warm, push the accelerator to the floor with the key on then start. That puts the vehicle in flood clear mode and see if it starts better.

Quick Reply: problem starting my h2