Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Power Steering Flush - how to do it right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Get a container big enough to catch all the fluid, buy atleast 4 bottles of ps fluid detach the return line turn your engine one as the old fluid comes out keep pouring new one untill the brown fluid goes out and clear starts to come out shut doen the engine and attach the return line fill the receirvoir again and there you go, dont let the pump dry as it will end up in bigger cost if you like you could use ps fluid to clean the system a second person for this job its very very helpful to turn the wheels while you pour.

I read this off a mechanics forum and tried it on my truck it worked for me

Old 04-22-2024, 05:29 PM

I know this tread is super old... but hummer is new to me... i saw your suggestion for agr performance... but they have horrible reviews... anyone have luck with them ?
Originally Posted by bflorin
Further note that it is unbelievable easy to burn the fluid in our systems. They synthetic dramatically raises that burning temp up but can still burn itself. If you get into a situation where your front wheels are hitting some resistance (like wedged in rocks or deep heavy wet snow) and you are also hard on the brakes at the same time- The fluid is probably cooked. I check my PS fluid at every oil change.

Ill also add that if you are fighting your steering in parking lot manuevers or low speed- switching to synthetic will aleviate a small portion of that. GM half assed the steering on all our rigs and trucks. If you want to completely eliminate the lack of steering assist & add some additional braking assistance- Call AGR Performance and order one of their high pressure power steering pumps. It will run you $300-400, but it is so worth it! You will not believe the difference a real pump makes on our system. I can damn near literally throw my steering wheel at complete stop and turn my 38's on dry pavement. If I would of known how much of a difference just swapping out that pump makes to drivability- It would of been my very first mod. There are not alot of mods you do to your rides that make you smile for the next week while driving it...this one definately will.

Old 04-22-2024, 05:58 PM

First, welcome to this forum. It is the last H2 form out there, that is still great. And we are here to help each other.

But dude, you dug up a 11 year old thread! The person who you are replying to may not even be alive anymore, or long gone.

You are about to get b*tch slapped in the face by a moderator. Start a new thread, do not necrobump!

Old 04-24-2024, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by C216had
I know this tread is super old... but hummer is new to me... i saw your suggestion for agr performance... but they have horrible reviews... anyone have luck with them ?
Yep it is from TWELVE YEARS AGO! I say jump on that 12 year old suggestion and see where it lands you. Or, NOT.

GOOGLE Check it out and search here. Avoid digging up Old Azzed Threads. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'