Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:29 PM

I absolutely LOVE your H2!!!!!!

I have a 2005 black on black that, after seeing yours, looks like crap!

The only thing that I would recommend are new headlights... The AM led with angel eyes would look really great!

Keep those pics coming!

Old 05-11-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hbrezzi
I absolutely LOVE your H2!!!!!!

I have a 2005 black on black that, after seeing yours, looks like crap!

The only thing that I would recommend are new headlights... The AM led with angel eyes would look really great!

Keep those pics coming!
thanks! I really like the black on black because I think it looks Evil. Hahaha. I will see if I can find the headlights you were talking about. When I got my H2 this was only going to be a simple transmission flush and it just went south from there. I did plan on painting all the plastics after seeing them painted on an H2 I was considering. I think I will do the headers and a gear change and I will be done for awhile. I just can’t wait to put some miles on it.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:41 PM

I think I’m getting the hang of the headlight rubber replace. I need 1/8” wetsuit material with the smooth side towards the light. I placed in the grill as best as I could with both floating and I think it’s gonna work. Used double sided tape and put the led’s for my steps back in. Tomorrow I get cooler fittings so I should be able to make up the lines and just have a cut to separate them and I should receive an update on my radiator that should be done by now

Old 05-13-2019, 04:29 PM

Quality stuff

I used tru blue on the adapter that goes into the cooler. Shouldn’t be necessary but from 2 different manufacturers. I used a dab of grease on the tip to help it seat and it threaded in really smooth.

525 Fitters swear by this stuff...
Called Be Cool to check on my radiator and Fred said that they are still waiting on my 34” core. I can’t believe it’s that big of deal and I think it’s been 2 weeks since they received my radiator for a pattern. UPS delivered my fittings and I started to install the lines.

Last edited by maxjeep; 05-13-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:32 PM

I’m as far as I can go without the radiator. I’m really liking the earls hose and ends and it was pretty easy and I have never used it before. It looks really clean installed and the fittings swivel and that helps the novice DIY guy.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:07 AM

Maybe = products but nobody will be disappointed with it.

Looks like new. Can’t work so might as well clean
I cleaned up my front end and the paint looks really good. I used this wax made by chemical guys and it turned out great... I think everyone should have it. I told neighbor about it and he said I use all there products.. thanks for telling me neighbor.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Called Be Cool this morning and he said radiator is being built now and will be shipped on Friday at the latest. I should have it by next Thursday and then I can finish the transmission lines. I want to order Headers on the 24th but I’m concerned that it will not pass the visual smog inspection even with cats. Does anyone else have any experience with Headers and smog checks?

Old 05-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Radiator is in Oklahoma and should be here Thursday. It’s coming in a shipment of two packages 20 pounds each so maybe they are sending my old radiator back and if so I will pull the tank and see where it failed and I might post some pics of it

Old 05-21-2019, 07:55 AM

I have found that most aftermarket Cats are barely able to pass a smog test and will not last nearly as long as an OEM cat. Do the headers your looking at come with a CARB certification?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I have found that most aftermarket Cats are barely able to pass a smog test and will not last nearly as long as an OEM cat. Do the headers your looking at come with a CARB certification?
No they don’t have a CARB cert. I can’t find any long tube that does. I’m probably more concerned about the visual inspection and I don’t know what they are looking for and I don’t know how to find out. I think I could take it to 5 different smog checks and get 5 different answers. I don’t think they even know. On my diesel truck they looked underneath for a Cat and that was all they cared about and EGR.,

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2