Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Beautiful Mastiffs!

Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 PM

I like how the two go into one because most look choked down.
I’m really wanting the ARH headers because they have 1 7/8” primaries and 3” cats and collectors. I can’t find any info or reviews and that’s a little scary. Anyone use ARH or have a friend of a friend that has? I think they are good quality but what can you really tell from a picture

Old 05-10-2019, 12:34 PM

I think the wetsuit material I have coming will work better than this Ridgid rubber

My idea is sound but my execution was lacking!
Today I will receive my neoprene rubber for my headlight restoration project. I tried it once and failed only because material was not flexible enough and it’s really difficult to read a description and make a determination off of it. I am into 29.00 dollars and I can try a few more times to get up to the 500 dollar replacement cost. I will post pics of my failed attempt!

Old 05-10-2019, 01:32 PM

I had a conversation with Nick, the owner of American Racing Headers and he was so helpful in choosing the perfect header for me and my H2. It is the only header I can find that has a 1 7/8 primary with 3” collector and high flow cats. Nick shared with me that they will be having a big Memorial Day sale 10% off and free shipping if I could hold off a few more days. Not trying to sell anything and I get zero benefits from this just passing it on

Old 05-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Just got my transmission cooler hose and I really don’t understand because it was shipped out a day after my fittings USPS and my fittings were shipped UPS and I won’t get them until Monday. Go figure. Hose looks like it’s good quality and it’s SS braided covered in nylon.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by maxjeep

I think the wetsuit material I have coming will work better than this Ridgid rubber

My idea is sound but my execution was lacking!
Today I will receive my neoprene rubber for my headlight restoration project. I tried it once and failed only because material was not flexible enough and it’s really difficult to read a description and make a determination off of it. I am into 29.00 dollars and I can try a few more times to get up to the 500 dollar replacement cost. I will post pics of my failed attempt!
I dont think you should give up on your idea yet. Do you own a heat gun? I bet if you put some heat to rubber you could get it to mold to what you're looking for.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:42 PM

I'd also say that the neoprene will probably be too soft and floppy. I have a roll of some 1/4" thick neoprene and it is very flexible. I'm just not sure that it would stand up well to 70+ mph wind. It might though and I think it might come in different densities as well so not sure. Still going to see what you come up with as mine are pretty rippled as well and it would be nice to have them looking new again.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I'd also say that the neoprene will probably be too soft and floppy. I have a roll of some 1/4" thick neoprene and it is very flexible. I'm just not sure that it would stand up well to 70+ mph wind. It might though and I think it might come in different densities as well so not sure. Still going to see what you come up with as mine are pretty rippled as well and it would be nice to have them looking new again.
Your Hummer will do 70? Hahaha. You are right, but it’s a long stretch to cover the headlight opening. I really think this could be the best fix ever if you could find the right material. After 2 attempts I think that the 1/4 wetsuit material would be the way to go. I just now tried for the 2nd time and I’m getting really close.

se

Old 05-10-2019, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Mixmansc I was just rereading( if that’s a word) and l was thinking that if you have the material maybe you should try it also? Maybe you could find a 6% down hill grade and give it all you got so we can see if the material will hold up to 69 miles an hour. Hahaha! Hummer humor! Mixman im looking for the wetsuit material that is fabric backed and smooth faced. I used two sided tape to attach my rubber to the light and I really think it will work. I think there is room for it to be perfect and it’s all about finding the right material.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:06 AM

Lol - my speeds are about to get worse. I'm literally about to walk out into my shop and see if I can work out a way to install 2" spacers on the rear air springs which will require cutting and installing a longer shaft for the height sensor, then re-indexed torsion keys in the front. Final step will be a set of forged Weld wheels with new Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5 R18 tires.

I might have to give it a try. The stuff I have is on a 12" wide roll and is smooth coated on both sides. I'm not sure what the durometer is on what I have, its pretty soft though. You can find it in roll form on eBay searching for neoprene roll. The higher the duro # the harder it will be. Not sure I'd want to use fabric coated though as that would be harder to clean and slower to dry when it gets wet. There is also a special black adhesive you can get which would be good for seaming the ends together. Its for weather stripping which is also neoprene.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2