Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 11:25 AM

I'd think you would likely be just fine with the 7/7 configuration as well....

Yes - the factory ones can be taken apart and individual components replaced. The aftermarket ones, as far as I'm aware are if one dies, replace the entire assembly, shroud and all.

Also I believe you will also need to get a couple of longer bolts for the top of the shroud to the upper rad support. I'll take a look at the ones on my truck and let you know the dimensions. Should be able to pick two up at any auto part store (prefer the OEM type as they are corrosion resistant and have the larger flange washer style heads).

Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 AM

i think the 2011 malibu's came with 7-7 fan assembly

Old 07-23-2019, 12:00 PM

I think this is going to be better for me because I have extra shrouds to cut and fit due to my huge radiator and the extra bushings to space it away from the core support and my bolts should be long enough because it is spaced 5/8 or 3/4 now. I will have 6 motors that all work. If they can’t provide me with what I bought I should be able to get a refund but I won’t because I wouldn’t feel right about it because I got lots of stuff for 112 dollars not what I wanted but I can see away to make it work ( after I was coached up here)

Old 07-23-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
i think the 2011 malibu's came with 7-7 fan assembly
This stack of 5/7 assemblies I have came off a Denali, Escalade and now a Suburban. Seems weird they would put more blades into a car but anything’s possible at this point.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:23 PM

Ah - yeah forgot about the thicker radiator. So you will need to figure out the right length bolts regardless. You are going all in which I appreciate and like! Its a long slippery never ending slope though. On mine, since I put the 37x13.5" tires on a month ago I'm really noticing how much worse my braking is now. So not I'm thinking on getting some higher end pads. I already replaced all 4 rotors with drilled/slotted ones but at the time I just put the pads that came with them on. I really do not even know what the brand was. I guy I bought my H2 from had bought them and just not installed them yet. I know changing to braided stainless brake hoses where ever flexible rubber ones are will also make a decent difference on how quick and firm the braking feels as well. I probably will do some research on current pads. I've used EBC in the past (what I have on my GMC truck) and those are excellent but I also want to be sure I get whatever will be best for something this heavy. With the much larger and heavier rotating mass of the new wheels and tires the brakes just do not inspire much confidence anymore. lol

Old 07-23-2019, 03:48 PM

Bolts are perfect, just the core is as wide as the tanks shroud will not sit back inside like the oem radiator. I want to do brakes next, get rid of the rubber lines. Pads are still in great shape but I want to flush the system. I think I might go with tires your size when I replace mine.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:49 PM

Just keep that weight and size in mind. I think your transmission will be fine but it will be a little less power off the line and noticeably more effort to stop it too.... I have also found that I am getting a tiny bit of rubbing but only at full turn lock when at an angle like backing out of my driveway on a hill on the road at a different angle. Nothing that I'm worried about as it is literally a spot about the size of a dime. I think if I went with 37x12.5 it would not be an issue. If you go with the Toyo's I think that is the size those are. The Coopers are an inch wider. At least in my 18" wheel size anyway.

On the plus side. On the interstate I'm cruising at 75 and barely even hitting 2000 rpm with those 37's.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:13 PM

That’s why I was interested in the 37/ 13.5 because I thought if I could loose a few pounds and a little shorter tire it might make a difference. I have the 38/ 15.5 /20 now mounted on 20/12 wheels and I love the look but it kills performance. It will still take of good but you have to put some pedal into. I had some rubbing on the passenger side when I got it so I had to raise the front a few inches and it’s great now.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:03 PM

I received my 3rd fan Assembly today and I got another 5/7 blade assembly. I called and they said that they will contact the yard and make sure that I get the my 7/9 blade assembly. I will find out in the morning if they have it or not and if they can’t find it they will refund my money. I told the young lady that I would like to have the 7/9 assembly but worse case I will make a 7/7 assembly out of the stack of fans I have a I don’t need to have a refund of any kind. I have lots of good stuff to make one assembly out of.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:42 PM

I went to a place today and got my fans enabled. He charged me 200 for fans and he did a few engine tweaks. He said that he made it to where the throttle blade opens more and sooner and he said that he gave it more fuel or more of a performance tune and I will say that it seems to drive better and takes off from a stop. I didn’t really get on it very much but it drives easier, unless it’s just in my head. He set the fans up so both come on high at 160 and anytime the ac is on. He said that when I install my fans I will instantly be able to see that they are both working. He told me to bring it back after and he would let it idle with his big cooler in front of it and see where the fans need to be set at and he said that he might need to increase the idle a bit. So I will receive my 4th fan assembly on the 29th and I have everything else done or ready. It’s going to be hard waiting for cooler weather and maybe I will get my ez up out and get it done. I was also thinking about getting a Mechman alternator that claims to put out 180amps at idle and 250 or 260 at 1,800 rpm’s. I will need to ask them a few questions about fit and wire size.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2