Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 PM

You think I should try a video? I can never find any Hummer videos on anything hardly. I don’t know how good it will be because I don’t have any friends and my 12 year old hates me currently. I really think lots of owners would love to do the upgrade but not enough support to where they feel comfortable doing it! I wish the 1,000 guests would join and participate in our quest to keep the Brand alive. Guests join and give us some input and make our forum great again! Hahaha! Hope I don’t get sued.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:08 PM

Update on my Sonnax badass drum that solves the 3/4 clutch problem. Bob called Me said that he can’t get it to pressure test and thanks I got a bad part. He calls seller and he says we just sell parts ! Hahaha... great answer seller. Bob said he will call Sonnax in the morning and get some technical support. Jason with Sonnax has been really good so I hope he can solve my problem. I don’t want to slow Bob down and cost him money and I understand that a lift being tied up is money lost. I hope it gets resolved with minimal impact to both of us.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 PM

My Hummer has been a money pit and I have spent money on it that I would never spend on a vehicle ever! I’m sorry I love my Hummer and there is nothing else like it for better or for worse I’m here and I will be here until I can no longer afford my Hummer. I will never dip into my ***** or gambling budget and it will go before I get into that. I really love Las Vegas hahaha! Don’t be a hater

Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 AM

lol - nice....

The shipping on those fuse box housings has to be close to $20 by itself as large as they are. I dont get how they are selling them for that cheap. Pretty much giving them away you just pay for the shipping and brand new too! So many have done efan swaps on trucks without that and either have to remove the entire housing to get to the fuses/relays or cut an ugly hole in their stock one... Removing the entire piece is somewhat of a pain in the rear too. Nice to have a proper little additional lid.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:08 AM

I got my H2 back yesterday and it drives and shifts great. I like the 2,600 stall and you wouldn’t even know it’s there. I can’t really get on it for 150 miles according to Yanks instructions and I will follow them to the letter. I did notice that I don’t need to hold my foot on the brakes at a stop and you need to give a little more gas in reverse. It’s just underpowered even with the 4.88’s. The torque converter is locking up at 2,300 and it really helps to get it moving. over all I believe it’s the best in can be.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:31 AM

so what is the total between parts and labour on the transmission upgrades?

Old 07-20-2019, 12:07 PM

I lost track to be honest with you, way over budget I’m sure. I believe I had around 1,200 in hard parts 156.00 for clutches 1,600 to pull rebuild and reinstall 470.00 Yank torque converter. Still cheaper and more transmission for my money than if I would’ve done an exchange for a similar transmission. I had to buy another Sonnax drum because he said the check valve didn’t seal. eBay seller is not wanting to warranty it or exchange it and I didn’t have time to wait for shipping. I will see what Ebay can do for me dealing with the seller. I don’t see how you can sell a bad part and expect the buyer to be out 429.00? Seller told me that it’s a used part because it was assembled and I told him it was a unusable part and I need to return it. Worst case exchange it for a working one. Bob did say my transmission was in really good shape and just needed a pump seal I believe. I didn’t want to spend the money without trying to solve the common problems with 4l65e. Looks like I have around 3,400 in it start to finish. I don’t think that’s bad for a transmission that should handle 700 hp according to the parts list that other builders claim. I hear of people paying that for a rebuilt stock transmission

Old 07-20-2019, 01:00 PM

not too bad.
hope Ebay sorts you out. I would think they will. I had a similar issue with some rebuilt injectors. they came half assembled and missing o-rings. according to the listing they came with all hardware ready to install. not half assembled.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:09 PM

Just got my second fan assembly and it’s still a 5 blade 7 blade assembly and the tap that goes to the side of the radiator was hanging out of the box and broken off and the upper mounting was also broken. This LKQ is 15 miles from my home and I can’t believe all this happened to it because of UPS! Nobody does anything right anymore! I think I’m going to have a whole pile of these before they get me the right one! Hahaha

Old 07-20-2019, 06:43 PM

Oh wow! I would double check the compatibility now that I think of it. I think I also saw on the newer generation that the fans are PWM speed controlled. I could very well be wrong though. That makes me wonder if they might be different electrically is my worry. I might double check or ask on some of the GM truck forums. I'd hate for you to get something in for a newer model and they either not fit or not work electrically.

I did not get factory fans either for mine. I they were an aftermarket brand but with great reviews and a perfect factory fit. I think it was TYC and they were about $150.

I'll double check in the morning what ones I got as well as look in the GM eSI system and see if it gives me any clues on how they work on a newer model.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2