Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 idle surging

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
How many miles did you drive? Seafoam injector cleaner in the tank is a slow process.
Use only top tier gas
and seafoam could correct.
Or you could replace the fuel injectors
(8pack for $57.98)
i just did the seafoam 2cans in one tank and not much change my miss/stumble is at 1000+rpm, have removed injectors to check screens and clean and still not much change. So have you tried these injectors i was planning on sending mine in to test and cleaning shop just so i could keep the OEM but at that price might have to try them.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:43 PM

I haven’t ordered the injectors yet. How hard are they to replace? Also how do I know it’s not the intake gasket?

i have already put the TPS on... I will try to remove it and if it’s clean I’ll take it back. I wish I had some codes to help me diagnose. If the injectors are not to bad to do I’ll order them too.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sam!
i just did the seafoam 2cans in one tank and not much change my miss/stumble is at 1000+rpm, have removed injectors to check screens and clean and still not much change. So have you tried these injectors i was planning on sending mine in to test and cleaning shop just so i could keep the OEM but at that price might have to try them.
Keep your oem injectors! Try the set to see if that corrects the issue. Replace them all, then you can go back and test the oem injectors if you have the equipment.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by myrddin
Also how do I know it’s not the intake gasket?
3rd method:

Old 10-06-2019, 08:27 PM

With the OEM injectors being so expensive would it make sense to just clean them vs replace with cheaper ones? I see some YouTube videos showing people rigging up a rubber hose and using carb cleaner spray with a 12 volt battery (tapping to pulse the spray through the injector till clean).

worth it or no?

Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 PM

With the OEM injectors being so expensive would it make sense to just clean them vs replace with cheaper ones? I see some YouTube videos showing people rigging up a rubber hose and using carb cleaner spray with a 12 volt battery (tapping to pulse the spray through the injector till clean).

worth it or no?
I tried with mine with no noticeable improvement; they are super easy to remove, 57.dlls and swap would be the best solution. Or yeah like I mentioned sending them out to get tested and cleaned to keep them OEM is also a very good idea

Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 PM

worth it or no?
Yes, however if you find 1 or 2, maybe more that will not spray properly after cleaning, then what?

Old 10-06-2019, 09:11 PM

I see this tool... might get them clean... assuming the output is ok...

beler Universal Auto Car Fuel Injector Nozzle Flush Cleaner Adapter DIY Cleaning Tool Kit Set
Amazon Amazon

Old 10-06-2019, 09:14 PM

I guess the thing that caught my attention was the price. Stock injector set was like 800.00... and the set posted was 57.00... should I expect them to be equal in quality?

Old 10-06-2019, 09:27 PM

I guess the thing that caught my attention was the price. Stock injector set was like 800.00... and the set posted was 57.00... should I expect them to be equal in quality?
Cheaper and better chance to correct your issue than throwing a tps at it.
Like most parts limited manufactures, with many private labels.

fuel injector

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 idle surging