Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Looks great .

Did you take any pics of the mods needed .
No but I think I have installed the lights upside down so I will be going back in to turn them and when I do I will snap a shot or two of how I modified the housings.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:25 PM
Default Morimoto Super 7

I've been thinking about getting a set of Morimoto super7 LED projectors. I really think projectors are the way to go to end the glaring issues from putting LED bulbs in the stock rear reflecting headlight housings.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by WhDaFk
I've been thinking about getting a set of Morimoto super7 LED projectors. I really think projectors are the way to go to end the glaring issues from putting LED bulbs in the stock rear reflecting headlight housings.
That would solve any glare but why not just replace the full housing instead of retrofitting a projector? The above 7" lights work amazing. I've had a set in mine for years without issue.

Old 05-08-2020, 12:04 PM

The Morimoto Super 7 ones are full replacement 7" headlights. Should work excellent. While they (and many other sites) list aftermarket 7" headlights as being for a Jeep that means nothing... they will work in any vehicle with 7" round headlights like Miata's and older vehicles with them as well.

You will likely need to cut out the back of the stock plastic part of the headlight bucket to install most any of the aftermarket LED ones though. It is however pretty easy to do, not at all visible, and can still put awful stock lights back in as well. Will also need to use headlight plug adapters as well.

Aftermarket 7" led headlights are really the best option for anything with stock 7" round headlights anymore. Sticking HID or LED bulbs in the stock housings makes it seem brighter but the stock housings are not designed for it and as such you are blinding the crap out of every else on the road. There are some projector housings that are made specifically for HID though and those are fine. Also on the 7" LED headlights, you very much get what you pay for. The cheapest no-name Chinese ones all over eBay and Amazon are, generally speaking, absolute garbage and have terrible beam patterns and often so poorly designed that they blind everyone else and often fail pretty quickly. Do yourself a favor and read some reviews and watch some of the video reviews of 7" led headlights online before you make a rush decision on any particular one. Its worth the effort....

Old 05-08-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The Morimoto Super 7 ones are full replacement 7" headlights. Should work excellent. While they (and many other sites) list aftermarket 7" headlights as being for a Jeep that means nothing... they will work in any vehicle with 7" round headlights like Miata's and older vehicles with them as well.

You will likely need to cut out the back of the stock plastic part of the headlight bucket to install most any of the aftermarket LED ones though. It is however pretty easy to do, not at all visible, and can still put awful stock lights back in as well. Will also need to use headlight plug adapters as well.

Aftermarket 7" led headlights are really the best option for anything with stock 7" round headlights anymore. Sticking HID or LED bulbs in the stock housings makes it seem brighter but the stock housings are not designed for it and as such you are blinding the crap out of every else on the road. There are some projector housings that are made specifically for HID though and those are fine. Also on the 7" LED headlights, you very much get what you pay for. The cheapest no-name Chinese ones all over eBay and Amazon are, generally speaking, absolute garbage and have terrible beam patterns and often so poorly designed that they blind everyone else and often fail pretty quickly. Do yourself a favor and read some reviews and watch some of the video reviews of 7" led headlights online before you make a rush decision on any particular one. Its worth the effort....
I have, I did end up ordering the Super7 LEDs.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:46 AM

Nice! Let us know how you like them and take some pics.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 PM
Default Morimoto Super 7

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Nice! Let us know how you like them and take some pics.
Just got done installing them. Brush guard and grill needed to come off (Not terrible) the headlight bucket needed to be cut open a bit (pretty easy with sheet metal snips) and wiring was self explanatory. All in all, I'm pretty happy with them. Pretty well made also, compared to some of the 7" LED replacement units.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:59 PM

Those look really good do they put out that “M” halogran also?

Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tcee
Those look really good do they put out that “M” halogran also?
Yes. "M" For Morimoto. Kinda cool.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:57 PM

They look great.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 HID Headlights