Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
This is coming from a guy who's installed more HID kits in my personal vehicles along with friends and family vehicles that I can count.
What is the best led for our h2's?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 AM

Most 7" round lights will work in our rigs. The Phillips I have required some enlarging of the hole of the headlight bucket but nothing a rasp on a drill can't handle. Stock lights will still drop right in if I ever needed to go back stock.

Search Amazon for 7" round LED headlights. There are so many options now. Some people love the JW Speaker lights but they were still too pricey for me. The ones I have were $200 shipped. Can't beat that for 100% reliability and great light output. Not to mention the DRL strips are a good looking touch!

Old 03-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the info

Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM

Most 7" round lights will work in our rigs. The Phillips I have required some enlarging of the hole of the headlight bucket but nothing a rasp on a drill can't handle. Stock lights will still drop right in if I ever needed to go back stock.

Search Amazon for 7" round LED headlights. There are so many options now. Some people love the JW Speaker lights but they were still too pricey for me. The ones I have were $200 shipped. Can't beat that for 100% reliability and great light output. Not to mention the DRL strips are a good looking touch!
Had mine delivered yesterday ($165 shipped) and plan to install this weekend. Looking forward to a better long term lighting solution. Could you give any further details on what the installation requires. I'm certain I have the tools to make the required modifications. A picture may be sufficient as well.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2016, 10:29 PM

You need a good rasp on a drill to enlarge the rear openings on the headlight buckets to clear the larger heat sink of the lights. Just go slow and recheck after chewing some material off until you get it right.

I have some pics somewhere I'm sure I can dig up for you.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:33 PM

You need a good rasp on a drill to enlarge the rear openings on the headlight buckets to clear the larger heat sink of the lights. Just go slow and recheck after chewing some material off until you get it right.

No problem I was able to install them without any problems. Just used a Dremel and took off enough material like you described.

I do have a question about the DRL's. I presume you tapped into the existing DRL wiring to power the new DRL's in the headlights. There's a blue wire and black wire. Which one should I tap into to power the new DRL's when the factory ones are on?

Old 03-26-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by NW94Z
No problem I was able to install them without any problems. Just used a Dremel and took off enough material like you described.

I do have a question about the DRL's. I presume you tapped into the existing DRL wiring to power the new DRL's in the headlights. There's a blue wire and black wire. Which one should I tap into to power the new DRL's when the factory ones are on?
In for pics from both of you.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
In for pics from both of you.
Here you go. It was a pain splicing the new LED headlight DRL's into the factory DRL's but very doable. For the record anyone doing this you want to splice into the blue wire on the factory DRL's on an 08 H2 to run the LED DRL's. I also blacked out the grill while I was at it today. I'll get some shots at night with the low and high beams on later.

Next mod: LED bulb for the factory DRL's. Anyone want to recommend a replacement. I'd like to match the new headlight color range. I don't care if the DRL's cast light. I just want them bright enough to match the new DRL's in the headlights.

I'm also going to do the jumper mod in the fuse box to keep the DRL's on when the headlights kick on.

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160326_173338.jpg   Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160326_173514.jpg  
Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 PM

Couple more shots. Not very but you get an idea. I wasn't able to get any from inside showing the light they cast. I've driven with them at night only once and I think I need to adjust them down a little. The low beams seem to have a wide pattern but I'm not sure how much better they are than the factory lights. There is a dark area about 20 feet out in front of the truck but I think this will be corrected the adjustment. It's hard to tell around here with so many street lights and the rain etc... The high beams are an obvious improvement. Very bright. Very directional.

I am very happy with them overall. I like the look better and the added DRL's in the headlight housing. They should also last the life of the truck. I don't anticipate having to replace a headlight ever again.

The first two pics are at night. Low beam then high beam. The last three are this morning. Low beam, high beam and high beam from the front.

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160326_211439.jpg   Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160326_211505.jpg   Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160327_092821.jpg   Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160327_093314.jpg   Hummer H2 HID Headlights-20160327_093339.jpg  

Old 03-27-2016, 12:43 PM

Looks great .

Did you take any pics of the mods needed .

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 HID Headlights