Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Default Hummer H2 HID Headlights

Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there has done an HID install on their H2. I've been looking at the 7" HID headlights on Automotive LED and HID lighting upgrades, wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or any other HID manufacture.

I'm also looking to replace the front turn signals with LED's, and get blacked out lenses for the cab lights, if anyone has done this and know of any good products to take a look at please let me know.

Thanks

Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 PM

There's a ton of threads regarding headlights. Many of us, including myself have ran retrofit HID's and various LED setups. Honestly, most LED lights have gotten so cheap they are the way most are leaning. I love my Phillips 7" LED lights and would never go back to HID's.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
There's a ton of threads regarding headlights. Many of us, including myself have ran retrofit HID's and various LED setups. Honestly, most LED lights have gotten so cheap they are the way most are leaning. I love my Phillips 7" LED lights and would never go back to HID's.
I had Hid for many years always cheap brands. Current is a kensun from amazon at $65 very good https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004Z...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
...If you are only looking to get better light output in my opinion those cheap kits are great amd last 3-4 years see not reason to spend big $$$ with expensive brands unless you looking to replace the whole headlamp for a different look ..
In fact I got a pair of morimoto bulbs which cost same as the whole amazon kit but there is not difference that you can tell compared with the cheap
Now I'm installing LED on the roof and fog lamps so a conversion to Led headlight will be a good idea
Lojac Could you post the main benefit with the Led . Why to choose over HID

Last edited by H2Miami; 02-24-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
I had Hid for many years always cheap brands. Current is a kensun from amazon at $65 very good https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004Z...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
...If you are only looking to get better light output in my opinion those cheap kits are great amd last 3-4 years see not reason to spend big $$$ with expensive brands unless you looking to replace the whole headlamp for a different look ..
In fact I got a pair of morimoto bulbs which cost same as the whole amazon kit but there is not difference that you can tell compared with the cheap
Now I'm installing LED on the roof and fog lamps so a conversion to Led headlight will be a good idea
How much better light quality & pattern over the stock bulbs?
Also, did you get 6000k or what?
I might go this route. It looks the most economical.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:41 PM

I can't really remember how was the perform with the H2 Oem bulbs .
It is more than 4 years since I had HID
However I can tell after a month renting 4 diferentes cars including a Jeep wrangle all with oem lights I missed the Hid so much
The only that almost match was a Suv Cadillac which comes with High perform lights
Few months ago while planning a road trip I spent $60 in a supposed white Sylvania halogen bulbs which were supposedly a match to the bright and Hid perform
Tested for 30 min then decided to go back to Hid ...
Just remember to adjust the headlights a little down to avoid blind oncoming traffic
Also the Hid is very simple to remove and go back to Oem .
I got 5000k and 6000k which i like much better also easier to match

Btw these bulbs are great for the DRL and reverse
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NP...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 02-26-2016, 04:03 AM

I am currently planning to order a set of LED bulbs 9600LM set. I've heard that the glare is not as bad as with HID while matching the light output. Also the LED I want to order don't have the large ballast you have to mount while running HID.

I love the DRL bulbs H2Miami posted but I'm running a DRL mod and I'm worried I would just blind oncoming traffic with both LED DRL and low beams on during the night.

This is the set I'm about to order:

Runstreet(TM) R3 9600lm Cree XHP 50 Car LED Headlight Kit H1 H3 H4 H7 H9 H11 9004 HB1 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9007 HB5 9012 H13 9008-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Let me know what you think.

Oh and btw. I'm also looking for LED bulbs for the front markers cause just like patspano I want to dim out the lens with foil or spray and I want them to stay as bright as stock.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:48 AM

PLease post results with the LED .. If they are similar perform to HID it is a great choice
The DRL wont affect the oncoming traffic . I also had the Mod but the Drl project the light very low I will said maybe 6 ft in front the truck . doesnt make a a big difference in light output but it match with the 6000k headlights

Im running same bulb for the reverse and makes a huge difference at night with the backup camera
I had many led bulbs before and those are the best so far

Originally Posted by Malcolm745
I am currently planning to order a set of LED bulbs 9600LM set. I've heard that the glare is not as bad as with HID while matching the light output. Also the LED I want to order don't have the large ballast you have to mount while running HID.

I love the DRL bulbs H2Miami posted but I'm running a DRL mod and I'm worried I would just blind oncoming traffic with both LED DRL and low beams on during the night.

This is the set I'm about to order:

Runstreet(TM) R3 9600lm Cree XHP 50 Car LED Headlight Kit H1 H3 H4 H7 H9 H11 9004 HB1 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9007 HB5 9012 H13 9008-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Let me know what you think.

Oh and btw. I'm also looking for LED bulbs for the front markers cause just like patspano I want to dim out the lens with foil or spray and I want them to stay as bright as stock.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:59 PM

PLease post results with the LED .. If they are similar perform to HID it is a great choice
My friend installed them on a Audi A4. Here are the results:

Old 03-02-2016, 06:02 PM

I'm looking for something to change the look more like the entire headlight housing, any recommendations?

Old 03-03-2016, 04:49 PM

I too have had a very large amount of different HID kits over the years in multiple vehicles. All HID kits will go bad at some point, some will last longer than others. Even using relay kits to properly power each ballast seems to not lengthen the lifespan of HID kits.

LED's will consume less power and be FAR more reliable. Less wiring, no relays, no fuses (other than stock) to name some of the advantages. Obviously LED heads will not be as bright as HID's but LED still blow away the stock lights.

Also, keep in mind many states outlawed HID lights in reflector housings due to the amount of glare they put out and the danger to oncoming drivers. Granted, not many states actually ticket for HID's in reflector housings simply because they don't know what to look for. I could tell in a second the difference between an HID capsule and a regular halogen light within a housing.

Coupled with the fact that LED headlights have come down so much in price I will never go back to HID. Too much hassle and too many different aspects to fail with HID's.

This is coming from a guy who's installed more HID kits in my personal vehicles along with friends and family vehicles that I can count.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 HID Headlights