Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 Driver Side Seat Heater (button shows it coming on and going off)

Old 10-02-2018, 07:33 PM

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the pics and see how it all fits up

Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM

This was actually a fairly easy job. I disconnected my battery just in case because I wasn't sure if it would cause any airbag problems. I removed the rear bolts first, then moved the seat back, then disconnected the battery and waited 30 minutes, then unbolted the front. I confirmed that you can indeed use regular sockets instead of buying torx and they will unbolt no problem. There is 1 plug from the seat bottom to the chassis, and I also had to unplug my headrest dvd player, then the seat just comes right out.

Next i took the control panel off which is just 4 screws and 2 connectors

I unhooked the leather from the back to loosen it

I then pulled the leather back on the front enough that I could stick the heating element down and push the connector behind the foam and under the seat

The heating element from The Seat Shop is perfect and has the correct connector for the H2. The felt was slightly too wide and would've covered the velcro so I just cut some off the edge with scissors being careful to not cut the wiring. I put the seat back in the truck and all my heated seats work perfect now. Anyone who is having issues with their heating elements and feels like it is daunting, it is really not too bad. I was able to do it pretty easily as a non mechanic. My only question I'd like to know to speed up the process is, does the battery really need to be disconnected to remove the seats? Does removing the seat with the battery connected do anything to the airbags???

Old 10-09-2018, 05:50 PM

AWESOME! I removed my seat without disconnecting the battery... I think usually they tell you its best to disconnect and do something like hold the key on start or something to deplete the charge in the system (cant remember)... but I have done it both ways. This is great news... happy you got it fixed. now we know

Old 11-23-2019, 04:41 PM

I just replaced my passenger heating element and when I went to turn on the driver's seat (which will not work if the passenger heating element is shorted), the driver seat heat worked again. However, the passenger seat heat controls were still completely dead. I also could not active the controls from the Tech 2. Thinking it was the seat heat switch module that attaches to the Passenger Door Module, or the PDM itself, I proceeded to remove the door panel. I disconnected the two modules to look for the culprit, and quickly discovered that when I reconnected them back up again everything started working perfectly.

I'm thinking that if your seat heat element shorts, there's a good chance the PDM or seat heat switch needs to be reset. If I had known this, I would have pulled the circuit breaker for the power seats as it would have been a lot easier. I hope it helps others.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:25 PM

I actually learned how to fix the factory seat heat. It's an easy fix and far better than the after-market replacements

0) Remove the lower cushion and peel back the rear part of the seat cover
1) carefully cut the foam right up against the seam adjoining the carpet

2) Melt away the the left and right side where you'll see a crimp that connects the wire to the carbon fiber heating lines. This is where the circuits break and the elements fail
3) Re-solder the wire to the crimp and test with an Ohm meter. It should ramp up to about 4.2 ohms after the repair

4) Plug-in and test
5) Glue back down the crimp and wire with a hot glue gun, and squeeze the two foam layers together

6) Re-seam where you made the cut with 3M Super Adhesive 77

7) Re-install the lower seat cushion

I have now repaired two seats in the exact same location of two 2006 H2s. On both, the right side wire (seat switch side) on the passenger seat were breaking just below the crimp. These seats had a lot less use and failed well before the driver seat which tells me that there was a run of passenger cushions that the wires were not properly seated with hot glue causing them to prematurely fail. The VIN range between my two 2006s are 102013 to 107851.

Last edited by clsimmon; 11-26-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:29 PM
Default heated seats come on when vehicle is started

I just had the lower seat cover / heater replaced today. It works, but when I start the truck the heat comes on full 3 lights. I have to manually shut the heat off. Was about 55 degrees today.
I was thinking of unplugging the module under the driver seat and see if it would reboot. any other suggestions?
thank you
john

Old 12-27-2019, 06:47 PM

It sounds like your seat heat switch. If it is sporadic, then it could be your driver door module (DDM) - which might require replacing.

Last edited by clsimmon; 08-17-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:01 PM
Default Questions

I can follow steps listed, I hope I can use this for my fix. Been without heated seats for ... years. It gets cold in Colorado. My question is pre step 0. Did you remove seat ? Steps removing the lower cushion ?
Any additional info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:51 AM

Yes, I unbolted the seat completely and tilted it back to rest on the back seat while I removed the lower cushion. It's easy to work on and test if it's still in the truck.