Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Default H2 won't start

So over the weekend I was replacing a leaking power steering pump on my 2003 H2. Now that the repair has been completed the car won't start. I have power but when I turn the key nothing at all. I hooked my handy Tech 2 up to the DLC and it powers on but can't communicate with the PCM. The Tech 2 can talk to the BCM and other modules just not the PCM. I'm thinking it's a blown fuse or something in the wiring harness but not sure. I checked the inside fuses and they are all good but haven't done the ones under the hood yet. It's pouring out right now and I don't need to catch my death from cold before the car is fixed anyways. Anyone else have an idea I'm not thinking of?

On another note I've been having problems with the brake and ABS light coming on. When the car would start the Tech 2 wouldn't communicate with the ABS module. I think the ABS module is faulty because I couldn't find any blown fuses. A new module if you can find one is $400 but there are places that will rebuild them for $150. Has anyone tried one of these services and are they worth it? Also, if I remove the ABS module could I still drive the car? I know the ABS wouldn't work but it's not working now anyways. Since the module connects directly to the ABS pump I need to know it's not going to cause a brake fluid leak or other problem.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:04 PM

i had to move my pcm to gain access to assist in replacing my power steering pump. check your pcm harness as it might have gotten damaged. make sure you are getting power and ground to the pcm. same would go for the ABS. ground points are just as important as power connections.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:35 PM

Agreed..... with those other intermittent issues I suspect you have a bad ground. Either under the hood or on the frame.