Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

grabbing sensation on drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Default grabbing sensation on drivetrain

anybody else has this problem, it feels like brakes grabbing but i just replaced rotors, calipers and pads a couple months ago. i bled properly, they've been fine. what else could cause this? no noises that i can hear, just a constant grabbing feeling that is very noticeable.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:01 PM

Among the many causes of grabbing brakes are contaminated brake pads (dust, grease, fluid), misaligned calipers, loose brake mounting bolts, seized caliper pistons and/or sliding pins and damaged brake lines or rubber hoses.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Among the many causes of grabbing brakes are contaminated brake pads (dust, grease, fluid), misaligned calipers, loose brake mounting bolts, seized caliper pistons and/or sliding pins and damaged brake lines or rubber hoses.
i dont think its the brakes, i replaced fluid, calipers, rotors and pads. now tho, im thinking it could be the alignment causing this issue

Old 02-11-2022, 03:23 PM

Alignment? Simple check, lift wheels off the ground and spin them.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by yellabummer
anybody else has this problem, it feels like brakes grabbing but i just replaced rotors, calipers and pads a couple months ago. i bled properly, they've been fine. what else could cause this? no noises that i can hear, just a constant grabbing feeling that is very noticeable.
Is this in a straight line or only when the wheel is turned? This actually happened a little while ago on the forum and it turns out the guy forgot he left the transfer case in 4hi lock, so be sure it's not something stupidly simple like that first.

It could also be the hydroboost unit. Though I'm not terrible qualified to offer advice on that.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Is this in a straight line or only when the wheel is turned? This actually happened a little while ago on the forum and it turns out the guy forgot he left the transfer case in 4hi lock, so be sure it's not something stupidly simple like that first.

It could also be the hydroboost unit. Though I'm not terrible qualified to offer advice on that.
its only after ive been driving a while. now the rpms drop, and it almost stalls out on me, and it also occasionally will just turn over on the first crank. yea its not locked in 4 wheel drive. i get no codes, ive checked the cats, they're fine according to the o2 sensors, ive also checked coils, and injectors, the spark plugs look good and are the correct ones. the symptoms mimmicks a vacuum leak or lack of fuel....but like i said, its only about an hour into driving it i get these symptoms... but no check engine light or faults.

Last edited by yellabummer; 04-01-2022 at 02:08 PM.