Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Get rid of that Onstar in your dash for some storage!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM

I did have to call to check if they had the pocket in stock. Might have to call around to a few places to find one though. They are probably getting scarce fast and I'd venture to guess that my posting it on here probably got a few sold including from people who have not posted.

On the mic issue - I did get mine working fine. Turns out on the Kenwood I just have to turn the mic gain up to max in the settings on the Kenwood.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I did have to call to check if they had the pocket in stock. Might have to call around to a few places to find one though. They are probably getting scarce fast and I'd venture to guess that my posting it on here probably got a few sold including from people who have not posted.

On the mic issue - I did get mine working fine. Turns out on the Kenwood I just have to turn the mic gain up to max in the settings on the Kenwood.
i haven't been able to find one either. Can someone help me with a website

Old 11-16-2017, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by dochummer
I can't seem to find the pocket online anymore. Everyone says they're out of stock and can't get any. Has anybody tried aftermarket pockets with any luck? I've been looking but haven't seen anything that looks like it has the correct tabs for the h2 mounting...
i had googled the part # and found a couple places that still has the part. I used www.parts.royaloaksChevy.com

Old 11-16-2017, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by H2 fusion orange
i haven't been able to find one either. Can someone help me with a website
www.parts.royaloakschevy.com

Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by H2 fusion orange
www.parts.royaloakschevy.com
I've already tried them. They're out of stock..

Old 11-21-2018, 08:25 PM

Did anyone lose their steering wheel fuel economy and trip button functions when they removed the On*? I just removed mine and my buttons no longer cycle through the informational displays.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:16 AM

Not that I'm aware of...... those functions come from the ECM and BCM, nothing to do with the Onstar module. That being said, the Onstar module does have connections to the steering wheel controls for the voice capabilities. Only thing I can think is some other wire got tugged on some and maybe pulled slightly out of some other plug. I've pulled the Onstar out of half a dozen older GM trucks and never once seen anything like that.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by coffeydp
Did anyone lose their steering wheel fuel economy and trip button functions when they removed the On*? I just removed mine and my buttons no longer cycle through the informational displays.
what did you replace it with?

Old 11-24-2018, 08:31 AM

@dochummer - if you are lucky you might be able to find one of the factory dash pockets I gave the part number for earlier in this thread. If not you can get a small scrap of black automotive carpet about a foot square and cut it to line that opening in the dash which also works very well. I actually have the pocket but I'm not using it (sorry, not selling it either though) as the carpet method actually gives more storage space than the factory pocket piece does. Using the carpet lining there also makes it so I can hang the USB input for my stereo in the back corner of the pocket.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
@dochummer - if you are lucky you might be able to find one of the factory dash pockets I gave the part number for earlier in this thread. If not you can get a small scrap of black automotive carpet about a foot square and cut it to line that opening in the dash which also works very well. I actually have the pocket but I'm not using it (sorry, not selling it either though) as the carpet method actually gives more storage space than the factory pocket piece does. Using the carpet lining there also makes it so I can hang the USB input for my stereo in the back corner of the pocket.
is there any sort of pocket to replace the outdated radio module in the second row that's part of the middle console

?

Quick Reply: Get rid of that Onstar in your dash for some storage!