Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

finally did the Torsion lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Default finally did the Torsion lift

I took some time did the torsion lift and removed bars to help you step up. i noticed when i was doing the torsion my right side took alot more turns then just 2 and a half. i just moved it ip to the 23 1/4 didnt want to bring it to the max. but i definitely need a front end alignment now. lol

Old 09-11-2021, 05:16 PM

Drive it around, hit a few speed bumps, take it back to level ground and remeasure/adjust if necessary. Then get an alignment ASAP!

Old 09-11-2021, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Drive it around, hit a few speed bumps, take it back to level ground and remeasure/adjust if necessary. Then get an alignment ASAP!
ok thanks will do.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

The number of turns on the T Bar bolts is irrelevant, use a measuring tape front fender lip to hub center. Make the measurement the same on both sides by adjusting the bolts accordingly.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The number of turns on the T Bar bolts is irrelevant, use a measuring tape front fender lip to hub center. Make the measurement the same on both sides by adjusting the bolts accordingly.
so i am at 23 3/4 after a day of hitting the brakes hard and going over some speed bumps is that going to be a issue? what exactly happens if you go over 24 inch?

Old 09-13-2021, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Eurynomestolas
so i am at 23 3/4 after a day of hitting the brakes hard and going over some speed bumps is that going to be a issue? what exactly happens if you go over 24 inch?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:37 AM

CV shafts will likely fail due to accelerated wear and improper shaft geometries.

It's all over the forums and has been discussed to death. I'm surprised you didn't already know that, being on here where all the answers are.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

You already overdid it. 23.5" is the MAX fender lip to hub center. Long ago determined that if you go passed that, you just start tearing chit up.

You want to see what happens when you go too far, go back and read the 100s of posts about it from 2007-10. Here are a few: you will get the wiggles and erratic lane tracking at highway speed; toast your half shafts; wear out your front drive shaft CV; destroy your upper and soon after lower ball joints; stress and wear out tie rods and steering rack, get a bouncy feeling after minor bumps, over extend shocks, and there are other more serious issues which will cost $$ to fix more than once until you get real and stick with the known comfort zone of 23.5" MAX. While most of the above begin to take their toll, your truck is going to become a handful driving straight in your lane.

I drove my 07 for years and years with zero issues at 23.5" and my 09 is just fine at that same mark, maybe a wee tad less.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You already overdid it. 23.5" is the MAX fender lip to hub center. Long ago determined that if you go passed that, you just start tearing chit up.

You want to see what happens when you go too far, go back and read the 100s of posts about it from 2007-10. Here are a few: you will get the wiggles and erratic lane tracking at highway speed; toast your half shafts; wear out your front drive shaft CV; destroy your upper and soon after lower ball joints; stress and wear out tie rods and steering rack, get a bouncy feeling after minor bumps, over extend shocks, and there are other more serious issues which will cost $$ to fix more than once until you get real and stick with the known comfort zone of 23.5" MAX. While most of the above begin to take their toll, your truck is going to become a handful driving straight in your lane.

I drove my 07 for years and years with zero issues at 23.5" and my 09 is just fine at that same mark, maybe a wee tad less.
great… can just go back on the bolts to adjust back to 23.5 or maybe even under that just to be safe.

Last edited by Eurynomestolas; 09-14-2021 at 11:20 AM.