PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift gone horribly wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Default lift gone horribly wrong

I'm sure there is a thread for this but i'm a noob here.I just added a suspension lift to my h3. Torsion keys and shackles,3' on the front and 2' on the back with extended shocks on 285/75r16's.Problem is there is major front end skipping and feels like the tires are skipping over minor imperfections in the road and it feels like the tires are sliding when sharp turning.I love the look but the ride sucks.I read some on over cranking of torsion keys and bump stops. Can anyone elaborate on this or other probable causes?

Old 06-15-2019, 10:40 AM

I'm gonna a take a guess and say you've not done a search, because there are lots of threads that cover adjustment of torsion bars, keys and proper measurements.
Also, front end alignment and rotation of tires...etc...

Old 06-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Here's a Google search that took just under 30seconds.... Torsion bars cranked

https://www.google.com/search?client...60.ZHWk-aEfvQ4

Old 06-15-2019, 01:52 PM

Whoa! Thanks for the troll

Old 06-15-2019, 02:06 PM

Alignment check revealed that my camber and toe are way out of whack. Bad news is my cams are seized and they can't break the rusty nuts loose,so they'll need to be cut off. May need to replace the upper control arms.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mac1
Alignment check revealed that my camber and toe are way out of whack. Bad news is my cams are seized and they can't break the rusty nuts loose,so they'll need to be cut off. May need to replace the upper control arms.
Obviously, the camber and toe are F'd up! Get yourself a can of Pb Blaster and start soaking the bolts and cams. Loosen them up before you go back for an alignment. Most alignment techs complain all the time, and many will use a gas wrench which will destroy the bushings. Btw, I hope you meant 3" and 2" on the lift?

Old 06-16-2019, 03:59 AM

Whoa! Thanks for the troll
Lots of of members, me included, get annoyed to see another member waste money on a torsion lift since it does exactly what the oem ones do. The only part of your lift that isnt a waste is the rear shackles (but there are better products on the market than the bundle front/rear ones).
Since you already bought and installed em, share some pics on this thread of your rig

Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 AM

Yes, we trolls who do searches and provide information are so terrible... Lol! I could be a tool and say some choice things but you proved my point for me.
Again a search on the the web would reveal a tool called a induction heating gun that could super heat those rusty bolts and save the uca in the process.
You have your self a great day...

Old 06-17-2019, 08:02 AM

What is the measurement from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare?
If you are over a certain measurement you will have the issues you have stated above.
Try the 3 R's before a modification; Research, Read, Retain.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Talking

C'mon you guys you gotta read the post before giving out the same advice ten thousand times. He installed a 3 foot lift on the front and a two foot on the rear, of course there are steering issues.

I'm sure there is a thread for this but i'm a noob here.I just added a suspension lift to my h3. Torsion keys and shackles,3' on the front and 2' on the back with extended shocks on 285/75r16's.Problem is there is major front end skipping and feels like the tires are skipping over minor imperfections in the road and it feels like the tires are sliding when sharp turning.I love the look but the ride sucks.I read some on over cranking of torsion keys and bump stops. Can anyone elaborate on this or other probable causes?