Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Brake Line Replacement ABS Pump order???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Default Brake Line Replacement ABS Pump order???

So this may be a silly question but when replacing to intermediate lines running to the rear is the one that enters the top of the ABS pump for the right or left side?
Sadly I paid attention while removing from the ABS but really lost track of the rears and the order.

Thanks is advance

Old 09-03-2022, 03:33 AM

H1H2 not such a silly question, it's very easy to loose track of which line goes where.

Below is the layout for an '05 I believe is the same ABS Module (ECBM) for most model years.

If you go to the 40:15 mark in this
you'll see the confirmation of the above, there is also
promoting a pdf guide.

Also, if my memory serves correctly, the right rear starts runs along the LHS and reaches over the diff, logical really.

Let us know if this helps 👍

Last edited by oceanbrave; 09-03-2022 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:26 PM

Yes sir. Many thanks. Your video was very helpful going in so many thanks!!!
Completed the job and everything works perfectly. I didnt lift the body so feeding the preformed intermediate lines was entertaining to say the least. Not perfect placement but darn close in the end.

Figure out the lines as the intermediates at the rear have slightly different bends as they enter the connection and it was enough to be fairly obvious which was which had I really look carefully before posting this. Lightbulb went off shortly after.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:41 AM

H1H2 glad you got it all sorted, don't know how you managed to get the rear lines through - impressive.

Did you do MC1 & MC2 too and were your new lines steel or SS?

Old 09-04-2022, 08:30 PM

Stainless. I only did the intermediates and rears at this point. Bought the full kit. My issue was really just the intermediates at the far rear. The fronts are actually not bad so not rushed on those and honestly fairly exhausted just doing the rears I was not sure I had it in me to go all the way. Not planning to delay the fronts to long though. I dont want to live thru a line burst again while on the road. Not fun!

Old 09-05-2022, 05:28 AM

Well you've done the most difficult section, the 4 front lines should prove easier.

SS I feel is the way to go but even though pre-formed, they were not perfect and needed slight adjustments here and there.

Of course please don't delay, looks can be deceptive, my MC1 line split in two, yet on the outside it looked smooth and clean so it must have corroded on the inside probably because the fluid hadn't been changed regularly, if ever.

It's hard to know a vehicles true history, same goes for the transmission etc, etc.,

Old 10-12-2022, 10:28 PM

They’re all a pain in the butt! Replaced everything (pre-bent SS and all 6 hoses) on my ‘03. The only easy way is to do a body lift off. Trying to get the new lines into the clips is the worst.