Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 A/C freezing now!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 08:57 AM
Default Hummer H2 A/C freezing now!!

After a few years with no AC in the Hummer. I finally installed 2 valves on the heater core lines. After I closed them to prevent the anti freeze to flow through the cabin. The AC feels like it is super charged now!! LOL. I dont know why I waited so long to do it.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:46 PM

Welcome to this forum.

But I do not understand your post....at all. And it's your first post.

Maybe provide more details of the problem, and how you solved it.
Provide some useful info on how others can fix whatever you fixed.

For example, why did you put in "2 valves", when only 1 would normally be required to bypass the heater core.
Provide photos.
Tell readers why your A/C was not working, or working well.
Tell readers that you checked swing door(s) that were blowing hot all the time thru your heater core and funneling that into the cabin, even when your A/C was on.
Tell readers why you did not actually repair the REAL problem, but took a shortcut, and how that will affect you on a cold day (i.e. you have to open these "valves" manually).

I am sure the H2 world, including me, would much appreciate it. Cheers!

Old 08-14-2022, 12:46 AM

I wish I had that problem right now. I know fall is around the corner but when I purchased my used 03 hummer, the AC was not working. The mechanic I took it to send the passenger blend door was broken and he was able to fix it with epoxy. It worked for a while but this summer, it again broke. I can't find the passenger side blend door anywhere =(

So only hot air comes out, so it has been tough to drive in the summer humidity with no AC. =(

Old 08-14-2022, 02:04 PM

Autozone has it. I bought 2 of them there. .. If it's the one by the passengers side feet. Just remove the Blend Door Actuator and you will see a little **** that moves. Take a pair of vise grips and hold it open with it. Till you find a new one or be like me and just leave the vise grips attached to it....lol

Old 08-15-2022, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Deaths-Head
Autozone has it. I bought 2 of them there. .. If it's the one by the passengers side feet. Just remove the Blend Door Actuator and you will see a little **** that moves. Take a pair of vise grips and hold it open with it. Till you find a new one or be like me and just leave the vise grips attached to it....lol
His actuator is not is what is broken. The blend door itself inside the HVAC case is broken. There is no replacement for that. His mechanic got the case open once and epoxied it but it broke again.... Removing and replacing the entire HVAC case is a very big project that requires removing almost the entire dash.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:41 PM

I hate when they go bad. Out of all the actuators in the system, the BD is usually the only electrical one. I was in VA for work years ago in my TBird SC. It started getting much cooler at night, and the defroster and heat were not working with the climate control cranked up. Popped the hood and pulled the A/C clutch solenoid connector off. Instant heat. Being OBD 1, pulling codes is way different. Found that the Climate Control module had its own diagnostic imbedded (basic), but it worked. Failed Blend door motor. It does mean pull the dash. To bad it didn’t go the year before when I had to replace the heater core.