Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Blower fan not working on all speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM

I won't name the parts store...car quest, but I will tell you the part #
AC delco part # 15-80647 or GM part # 10397098

Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hummeron37s
I won't name the parts store...car quest, but I will tell you the part #
AC delco part # 15-80647 or GM part # 10397098
Thanks! Did it solve your issues completely? If so, I'm going to go pick up a couple and keep them in the HUMMER "out of warranty" box I have started!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

I really think it's sad that I posted a link to one of many players in the dealer parts game that has it for just under half of going to a store front...

people want to know why store fronts are dead.... hear ya go....

Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Yeah it solved it. Unfortunately it was 90 degrees out and I needed it so couldnt wait for it to be shipped. I will be buying a spare eventually from GMParthouse though.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
its a series of resistors, all are in the circuit for slow and they get switched out as u go up in speed. in high speed a relay closes the circuit completly.
you have an open resistor,or a bad contact due to heat distortion of the connector.
'
there's a bunch of pix here somewhere,,,search

soon i will post a pix of the OLD resistors they used years ago,,,that never went bad!!
maybe we can find a way to do a better fix!

oh,,?if one, but not 2 it almost has to be a connector,or sw contact,all res are good if it works in lowest mode

when u find the pix of melted conn youll see what i mean!

1/31/2012

I had this issue and, thanks to HummerForums, was able to get my blower working again by using this method to replace the melted connector, slot A was melted. Blower works, but is on HIGH, no matter what the setting. I did NOT replace the resistor, it had a bit of condensation on the copper node, so I sanded it lightly and just put it all back together. Does the resistor control the fan speeds and I need to replace that? Thanks gentlemen. Michele

Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned
Default but is on HIGH, no matter what the setting.

sorry this got skipped over. its got to be "a" improperly touching 'b", or another wire in that conn. any other wire will turn on the hi relay.
just recheck all wires/connector contacts.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by drjesse
yeah!
PLEASE, Stop this Krap "drjesse"!

I have him blocked because I don't want to see his dribble! Now you quote everthing he says, you are doing it to mess with us who have him blocked arn't ya!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Banned
Default no help!

it doesent help anyone to just say "yeah",or even,"x2", or,'x3". if you agree one or two or three times.
it just clutters up the forum where we are trying to help people with their problems.

i have studied the wiring diagram and it is clear that if "a" touches "b" or another wire in the resistor string it can energize the relay since the coil takes little current and the resistors are low valua, almost like a piece of wire.

if im wrong on this i want to hear about it.

i dont like posting actual copies of the wiring from the manual because the copyuright statement forbids it.

i really wonder just how fussy they might get when we just mention what we learn from the book!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 AM

For those talking about the resistor... Mine did this recently and it stopped my blower from working at all. I didn't think the OPs problem would be the resistor since he said it worked on certain speeds... Anyway, if you are having the resistor problem and don't want to cobble up your wiring harness, Hummer will fix this on some kind of loyalty program deal. The GM trucks have the same issue. I took my truck to a Cadillac dealer that I use and we called the Hummer 800 number. They approved him to make the fix and it didn't cost me a penny. And it is an upgraded resistor too.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Songman
For those talking about the resistor... Mine did this recently and it stopped my blower from working at all. I didn't think the OPs problem would be the resistor since he said it worked on certain speeds... Anyway, if you are having the resistor problem and don't want to cobble up your wiring harness, Hummer will fix this on some kind of loyalty program deal. The GM trucks have the same issue. I took my truck to a Cadillac dealer that I use and we called the Hummer 800 number. They approved him to make the fix and it didn't cost me a penny. And it is an upgraded resistor too.
When you say 'upgraded resistor', do you know specifically what the upgrade is, because it's not the resistor itself creating the failure, it's the poor connection between the male and female terminals. Just wondering if they've improved those to make a more solid connection.

Quick Reply: Blower fan not working on all speeds