Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Australia calling

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 09:57 AM

the problem is that we have to reuse the top mushroom shaped metal insert that goes through the upper and lower bush. most likely it will be half rotted through the old original bush. i guess a couple large washers and a barrel sleeve could replace that part but it wont be one solid piece. that might not really matter though. i am guessing the sleeve part is so the lower bush does not get too smashed when tightening if not it would defeat the purpose of being a rubber body mount

Old 06-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Ah i see, well ****, i'm half tempted to get the energy ones and try it, i know they have a sleeve in them, not sure if you would be able to use the OE insert with that metal sleeve in the bushings. Damn salt/rust...it got me on brake lines and sway bar bolts this weekend

Old 08-23-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo
Thanks guys, shocks good, will check steering and roll bar, I am thinking ball joint. Need to source front end suspension rebuild, ball joints, rods, control arms. Any suggestions as to best brands? Most deliver to Australia, already pulled a few things from US. I seriously want the Hummercore brush guard with the over the hood metalwork but costs more to ship than the steel. Cheers, MichaelAngelo
Hi Michael,
Try Cognito Motorsport for your front end steering and suspension quality stuff.
Cheers Mate

Old 08-25-2019, 01:10 AM
Default Australia calling back

H2 blue, thanks for the feedback! Just back from Sydney, drove up on Thursday back last night, around 9 hours each way from Melbourne, picked up spare rims and a few spares from Impressive Limosines who run stretched Hummers for weddings. Advice is Kriptonite tie rods and pitman arm, knocking noise now isolated to body mounts. Front ones are gone. Also new ball joints top and bottom. If I knew how, I would post a few pictures! Cheers Mike