Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

05 H2 passenger side door handle

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 05:00 PM
Default 05 H2 passenger side door handle

Just had the pleasure of replacing the passenger side door handle. Entire process took about 45 mins to an hr which involved taking off the interior side panel and insulation, the window trim, removing the glass. It was a little frustrating but I didn’t break anything in the process so it’s a success.

Surprised not to see any rust inside the door especially at the bottom.

There are two bolts that hold the window in place. With the window all the way up, loosen the two bolts. Once loose, lower the window down. Remove the trim around the window, all it takes is to pull on it gently. You will need to rotate the window inside the door and remove it on the outside of the door.

Missing some clips and the panel is actually cracked in the middle. Took a lot of beating in all these years.

I don’t think this glass was ever taken out before.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:42 AM

Nice, I just removed door panels to replace the side mirrors. It was terrifying. I checked ebay for prices on a panel in case I broke mine. Wow they are very very expensive. Mine is cracked by the pull handle. I used some adhesive used in auto body repair, that is very strong, to repair the crack and also reinforce the loose areas like the pocket and arm rest. The panel feels more solid now, much less plastic creaking noise. Some of the melted joints on mine were not tight, probably since day one. I replaced some of the broken black clips with yellow ones. I sanded them down slightly so they wouldn't be so hard to take back apart someday if needed.

Last edited by fastNYsix; 06-01-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:51 AM

Good job. Same here, cracked right at the door handle area. Oh well definitely not spending a ton on replacing this. It will stay as is just have to be gentle lol and if I have the time I may do some reinforcement. Now need to do the same on the drivers side and the rear one is acting up. Keeps me busy