Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

05 H2 Break booster

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 06:31 AM
Default 05 H2 Break booster

another leak equals another project and replacement. Break booster started to leak recently so it’s time for a new unit (coming in today). Well it started to leak back late last year but now it’s a lot worse. need to revisit my other thread for info

on a side note, added these cheap stickers to the roof rails. Looks alright though.

Last edited by Daniel Z; 05-07-2022 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:51 AM

Stickers look good on there.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:36 AM
Default Update

Finally got to work on the truck and replaced the booster. Overall it’s a fairly straightforward job. A few cuts and bruises, a few f bombs. Hardest part was getting the retaining clip off the break pedal and that one bolt right behind the break pedal. The C clip was not original to the truck and it was tough to get it off with limited access.

next project - power steering gear box and new exhaust that’s been sitting on my shelf for months.
cheers

This clip was a pain to remove due to access. If it was the original one I think that would come off a lot easier.

Old and new. The gasket was actually the wrong part but made it work.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:08 AM

Nice - yeah I can only imagine getting that c-clip off was fun. Even the stock style clip will make you curse some though. It is just a stupidly awkward place to try and get at. You really need to get both hands on things which is extremely difficult up there under the dash. Having a set of wobble extensions and universal joints for sockets does make the bolts a bit easier but that top one is still a pain regardless as well. The rest of it is pretty easy and straightforward.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Nice - yeah I can only imagine getting that c-clip off was fun. Even the stock style clip will make you curse some though. It is just a stupidly awkward place to try and get at. You really need to get both hands on things which is extremely difficult up there under the dash. Having a set of wobble extensions and universal joints for sockets does make the bolts a bit easier but that top one is still a pain regardless as well. The rest of it is pretty easy and straightforward.
agree 100. I’m 6-1 about 220lb and it was not easy to position myself right. Now not sure what to do with the old one. I might get the rebuild kit and learn how to fix the leaks and see the inner workings. Maybe I can use it when I get another H2 we shall see.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:25 AM

i gave my old one to a friend that was resto mod'ing an old chevy, i also gave him my old lines and power steering pump since it was a matched set. he resealed it with the kit.

Old 05-16-2022, 11:34 AM

I rebuilt mine. It started leaking again after a few months. So I bought a brand new (not a rebuild) one.

Old 05-16-2022, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I rebuilt mine. It started leaking again after a few months. So I bought a brand new (not a rebuild) one.
yeah I’ll give it a shot and see what happens. I’m all for brand new stuff myself to have that piece of mind but I’ll take a stab at rebuilding once in a while. One thing I have learned, always get OEM parts too, even as simple as a switch.