NEW EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTACT INFO

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Default RE: EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTACT INFO

My new H3 needs head replaced valve work and whtevr else. Now my head needs service from banging it on the wall. Will GM pay my medical bills too?

Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Don't tell me...yougot it stuck in the window when you were rollin it back up??? [sm=noooo.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 11:15 PM

I also got miles and years added for the head and cylinders and all kinds of problems to. i got 75.000 miles addes to my 16.000 miles i had at the time so it will take me to around 92.000 miles or 60 months added to my year i had so i now have warranty till 12/2011 or 91.000 miles. i also got them to renew my onstar for free. i just asked and said what the heck you own onstar anyway so i need it for the extra care and worry free if i break down and they said ok WOW I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY THEY TOOK CARE OF ME.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:17 AM

Wow!..that is a nice package Jeff..I hope my dealer is as giving here in OKC...Did you arrange all this from the Service Dept?..Or did you have to go up front to the sales people ?

Old 01-17-2007, 12:53 AM

I first called the 1 800 number and talk to them and explained how upset i was. they made a file and gave me a case number. i then called my service manger and told him and he said they would probally call him to check and verify all the things i said i have go wrong.they did and he put in a good word for me he said. then a case mgr called me back in a week and askes what can GM do to make me happy or what is it i want from them. i then ask for a extended warranty and then i ask for the renewal of onstar and they called me back in a few days and said they would it do for me. it is very important for your service adviser or mgr to talk to them also i found out.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:35 PM

So they could have renewed my On-Star too... Damn it I am a push over....

Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: beachman

So they could have renewed my On-Star too... Damn it I am a push over....
This is one thing I discussed with GM just last week which really TICKS ME OFF! I am happy for those who are being taken care of and getting the nice added perks, BUT GM/Hummer's lack of consistancy ratherIRKS me! It just is not fair and I relayed this in my conversation. I informed the representative that I was speaking with that I was aware that some are getting full bumper to bumper extended warranties, and others just the powertrain extension. Some are getting 75K mile extensions and some are getting 100K mileextensions. As well as some have gotten a year of maintainance free and now OnStar extended for a year. I also relayed that we "are a cult of sorts and a tightknit group" who "talk" so to speak. Don't get me wrong, again, I am thrilled for those who are being taken care of BUT, I feel GM should have a consistant policy which takes care of usALL in the SAME GOOD CONSISTANTmanner! If you are one of those who got added perks, I am sure you are thrilled as well, but think of those who did not come close to getting taken care of in the same manner...I am sure you folks are just a little less thrilled!?

I also said that I was TICKED because we all took a chance on the brand new model H3 helping make it such a success andthen forGM to take the next 07 model year and double the warranty was just a little bit unfair to us - particularly when it has far less (and perhaps NO)chance of head/valve issues with the manufacture of the newimproved parts.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to look into this and see if I can do anything. I can't make any promises, but all I can say is I have a very good connection to someone high up in the company that may or may not be able to help everybody. Because of confidentiality issues that's pretty much all I can say. I'll try to get in touch with some people and see if anything can be done.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM

I am thinking about calling back and asking for 100k miles versus 75... I am hoping they don't have to call back the Dealer again...

Beach

Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 PM

I agree with you.thats why they ask (what do you want us to do for you first). i guess they hope it will be something easy and simple. i always ask for more and then see what happens. i told them that the extended warranty was great but it wouldnt be used till the 50,000 factory one was used up or till i got 50.000 miles on my hummer. i need something extra to protect me NOW why i travel out of town. since my onstar was needing renewed this feb i wanted it renewed and would like them to do it for me since it is gm also. and i got it.

Quick Reply: NEW EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTACT INFO