Head and Valve Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Default RE: Head and Valve Issue

And one last thing Mr. Administrator Denny or Mr. Moderator or whomever...is there any way these 2 threads about the valve/head issues can be combined, since the posters seem to be pretty much the same people and the issue is the same - so that no one misses anything and we don't have to go to 2 separate threads??? Purty Please? [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 11-16-2006, 11:06 AM

My kinda girl...

Hey, I can not merge two threads..butt I did the next best thing and stuck them on top for a while until this issue blows over (no pun intended)[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 PM

Ahhh thank you!

Old 11-17-2006, 03:33 AM

See my experience on class action suits on the other Head and Valve thread. It there is a problem with the H3 and with all the H3 websites and the net the truth will come out in a powerful way. When I read about a class action suit on my Ford there were no web or net but today i think manufacturers can not get away with defective products as long as they use to. I was surprised how easy it is to join a class action suit and they really work. I could not believe I got a check in the mail one. Read the post about that and my Toyota defective head design in my FJ40.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM

Aargh! This weekend the head situation came again on my H3!

The truck is now at the dealers -- again -- to get this fixed. I assume they are repacing the head again. This time they have the parts in stock, so they expect to finish by Thursday. I called GM and opened another case. I have to say -- I have lost faith in this vehicle. I love the H3, but I need something I can depend on.

-Alan

Old 12-28-2006, 06:31 PM

OK, so my H3 is back today as promised. Drove it around for a while today and all seems well. Let's hope they fixed it for good this time.

Service guy said mine was the first he had of that had the head/valve issue twice.

-Alan

Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM

If I remember correctly..you had one of the first Valve problems here..I think at that time the GM people were not sending out the right head/valves and you may have got stuck with a (new)bad head/valve all over again then...But now as more of these buggers are coming in...GM is for sure sending out the proper NEW and improved heads....Good luck

Old 12-29-2006, 01:30 PM

I've hit 21K+/- on my H3 with no known head/valve issues (bought it used at 14K).. Think I'm lucky or is it just waitin

Old 01-25-2007, 10:43 PM

I just took my h3 into the dealer for a service- engine light on some of the time, poor idle and reduced gas milage. I was informed it had a cracked head and would be in the shop for at least 2 weeks due to parts back ordered

Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: hummergrl

I just took my h3 into the dealer for a service- engine light on some of the time, poor idle and reduced gas milage. I was informed it had a cracked head and would be in the shop for at least 2 weeks due to parts back ordered

ewww... that sucks... Welcome to the forum, by the way...

I just turned 11k on mine... Wondering if I too, will face this issue...

Quick Reply: Head and Valve Issue