PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H3 Recall by GM

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Old 08-27-2015, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Yep, that plus this:
Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-80647 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Motor Resistor: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-80647 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Motor Resistor: Automotive

...is all you need if your AC is not working due to this issue and you need a temporary fix now (assuming the red connector on your existing harness is damaged - otherwise you just need the resistor). Installation is not that complicated - the resistor above plugs into the red connector of the harness. Here's a video:
Otherwise, just wait for GM to notify you when the new part(s) are ready and have everything done at the dealer under the recall warranty.

Last edited by CarlosC; 08-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:55 PM

I didn't mean to raise such a fuss. I'll wait until the new cookies come out. I'm hoping for a double Thin Mint dipped in fudge....but I digress.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:26 AM

Drax, don't apologize, this is a known design ABORTION which should have been addressed LONG ago. Instead, we are faced with more waiting- for another hot and humid summer perhaps? The dealers are thieves, liars, not to be trusted, and unfortunately many of us can't repair this ourselves. So as for the poster who said this is an easy, "oversensationalized" fix needs to get a grip on reality. The way I see it, my 06 will be sitting in a junq yard before the actual repair comes in from the dealer. pathetic.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by amrg
I replaced the blower resistor harness twice (once for each vehicle). Cost me 200 bucks each time. I still have one of the replacements i storage.
Things cost more in the peoples republic of kalifornia, but GM said they will reimburse me when the parts letter goes out sometime before the next presidential election....

Old 09-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by H32006
Things cost more in the peoples republic of kalifornia, but GM said they will reimburse me when the parts letter goes out sometime before the next presidential election....
If you fixed it by using the old design connector then you still have the problem sitting there.

The fix involves redesigned parts so you will probably be given a choice, get reimbursed for fixing it yourself (and still have the issue) or getting the new parts installed under the recall.

I highly doubt that they will do both.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:49 PM

Based on my lengthy conversation with the Hummer customer service center, I was told they will reimburse for the fix if its taken to an authorized GM dealer and the issue is with the AC blower (per the recall). After explaining my situation (basically, having no AC during very hot weather in my area and not being able to wait for the second recall notice), they connected me directly to my local dealership to schedule the service visit. However, they let me know that the reimbursement wouldn't occur until sometime after the new part(s) are ready and the second recall notice has been sent out. At that time, after filling out some paperwork, you would be entitled to reimbursement for the dealer charges (for the fix using the old parts) AND you would get the installation of the new part(s) under the recall warranty at no charge. As I noted previously, I chose to temporarily fix the issue by just installing a new resistor ($16 and 15 minutes of my time). I plan on taking my vehicle to the dealer to get the new part(s) and hopefully permanent fix as soon as I get the second recall notice saying that they're ready.

Last edited by CarlosC; 09-02-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Cool Recall Notice

Not to drag an old thread through the mud ...but just how do these recall notices come out? I obviously bought my Hummer H3 used in 2013 and I have received nothing to date. I am currently not having any issues but I would really want to make sure the new parts are installed by the dealer.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
Not to drag an old thread through the mud ...but just how do these recall notices come out? I obviously bought my Hummer H3 used in 2013 and I have received nothing to date. I am currently not having any issues but I would really want to make sure the new parts are installed by the dealer.
You should call Hummer Customer Service and update your info with them, i.e. you're the new owner.
There are no redesigned new parts as of yet. I believe all of us have received at least the first letter, only.

Hummer Customer Service 1-866-486-6376
GM recall number N150042
NHTA campaign number 15V421

Last edited by wfturner; 11-24-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:52 PM

No new parts yet...

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H3 Recall by GM-h3recall.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Recall by GM