PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H3 Recall by GM

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 03:19 PM

I purchased my 2008 H3 Alpha about 6 months ago. I have registered on the GM/Hummer website, and my vin # shows up there as being subject to the recall. However, I STILL have not even received the first recall notice letter.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:09 PM

Well don't expect much I got a letter saying they were just waiting for parts and that I would recieve another when it was time for the fix. That was about 6+ months ago. I mention this when I went to the dealer for my other problem listed in another post and the guy said they were still waiting on a fix. Dealer is nothing but lies lies lies and dishonesty. Only thing a dealer is good for is to purchase a car nothing else.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 AM

I soldered my connection 5 yrs ago or more. No more issues. Mine is an 06 stopped working at 20k no recall at that time but the dealer offered to give the part for free but I pay labor. NOT!!! so I soldered it. Problem fixed. I've already done all my valve seats and new valves because of there crap!! I currently have 60k on it and it still runs a little rough now and again. Oh well Im Going to drive the wheels off it..

Old 03-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Default h3 recall

I had my 2006 hummer for 13 months . if you go to "h3 fire on youtube you can see what happened to mine . the fire started under dash and girlfriend drove it away from house to keep it from burning the house down . this happened 1/18/16 and I got the notice a part was made on 2/29/16. contacted gm the day it burned and they closed the case without looking at my h3 2 days later . the reason was that I had insurance to pay for the total loss. sorta sucks . my hummer was one of the vehicles I have owned that I really liked a lot .

Old 03-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Default blower motor harness

hi all, took my h3 in this morning and had new harness installed and there was no charge . I live over in Ontario Canada but it should be the same. my blower stopped working on Tuesday morning and I stopped in at the g.m dealer in town . they told me there was a recall on them. they called me this morning I took the h3 over to them and about an hour later I was back home having a coffee .

Old 03-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by hank14131
I had my 2006 hummer for 13 months . if you go to "h3 fire on youtube you can see what happened to mine . the fire started under dash and girlfriend drove it away from house to keep it from burning the house down . this happened 1/18/16 and I got the notice a part was made on 2/29/16. contacted gm the day it burned and they closed the case without looking at my h3 2 days later . the reason was that I had insurance to pay for the total loss. sorta sucks . my hummer was one of the vehicles I have owned that I really liked a lot .
Sorry to see that happening to your rig.

Call GM and reopen the case if you believe it was the blower harness. If you had any other aftermarket wiring in the dash (stereo, switches, relay, etc.) it will be very hard to prove it was the blower harness at fault.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by hank14131
Wow that's terrible this happened to you. I knew of the possibilities related to the recall and called the dealership. That was back in July 2015 I think. Finally got notified to bring in my H3 to have the wire harness replaced. Was very relieved yesterday after they did this work. I'm glad you and your girlfriend are ok and you got it away from the house.

Last edited by Car54; 03-03-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Thumbs up

My dealer called yesterday. Parts are in. Goes in Wed for fix...

Old 03-03-2016, 01:21 PM

Brought my 2007 Hummer today to GMC for the "new and improved resister and wiring harness" so the truck wont catch on fire or the plug wont melt--supposedly. We shall see in the future but after all this time I'm guessing that they wanted to get it done right.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:42 AM

Here is the Video .....

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Recall by GM