Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:50 PM

Thanks to America. Now after I read this post my blower working again. For me here the best forum around the world!! Thank you all

Old 05-29-2015, 02:16 PM

I've fixed mine twice now , at some point you would hope GM would do a recall and fix this problem . This is not just a Hummer problem , this is a problem in all GM trucks .

Old 07-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Default I fixed my AC and have news on a recall

So, my H3 blower stopped working Thursday. I read about the fix here and unclipped the wiring harness to fix the plastic that had melted. The autozone didn't have a replacement but could order one with the wires to integrate into the rest of the harness. At $40+ and 5 days that wasn't a great option. Went to a local Chevy dealer to see what they had. They didn't have the plastic piece but did have the whole wiring harness to just clip in. With the heat here the quick option seemed reasonable.

While they were looking up the price a service advisor sat down and looked at the part. He asked what vehicle it was for. When I told him a H3 he said there was recently a recall. He ran the vin and it came back that there was a pending recall without the actual recall date. It did include a recall number. It looks like it covers SUVs and SUTs from 2006-2010 with the 3.7 engine.

It looks like we should have a fix soon.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by jeffh3
So, my H3 blower stopped working Thursday. I read about the fix here and unclipped the wiring harness to fix the plastic that had melted. The autozone didn't have a replacement but could order one with the wires to integrate into the rest of the harness. At $40+ and 5 days that wasn't a great option. Went to a local Chevy dealer to see what they had. They didn't have the plastic piece but did have the whole wiring harness to just clip in. With the heat here the quick option seemed reasonable.

While they were looking up the price a service advisor sat down and looked at the part. He asked what vehicle it was for. When I told him a H3 he said there was recently a recall. He ran the vin and it came back that there was a pending recall without the actual recall date. It did include a recall number. It looks like it covers SUVs and SUTs from 2006-2010 with the 3.7 engine.

It looks like we should have a fix soon.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...call-gm-35541/

Old 07-20-2015, 09:39 AM

Yes there is a pending recall , so I would keep all of your receipts . If it's only your high speed that's not working , I would check with hummer service 1 (866) 486-6376 or 1 (800) 723-5493 to see if you will be paid back for your repair and they maybe able to help . I still need to call them too , this is the 3rd time mine has melted .

Old 08-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Default Well look what I got in the mail!

So I fixed my blower control a couple years back thanks to this forum and wanted to share what I got in the mail today. They finally listened! Or got sued enough. It's an official recall for the blower control.

Attached Thumbnails AC Blower fix-hummer-recall.jpg  
Old 08-15-2015, 08:35 AM

So after years of this being a problem
GM finally sends out a recall for this issue
Just received it in the mail today

Old 08-15-2015, 01:15 PM

I got my latter a week or so ago , now we just have to wait for GM to send out the follow up letter saying they have the parts to fix it . It's 109 out today and all this week will be well above 100 , so I'm sure they'll get the parts in this winter sometime .

Old 09-30-2015, 02:43 AM

I have a 2006 H3 and the blower motor just stopped. after checking out the connector, i noticed one of the terminals is burned.

i found the GM recall and thought i would post the info in this thread:

Manufacturer: General Motors LLC
SUMMARY:

General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2010 Hummer H3 vehicles manufactured February 5, 2005, to May 24, 2010, and 2009-2010 Hummer H3T vehicles manufactured May 21, 2008, to May 24, 2010. In the affected vehicles, the connector module that controls the blower motor speed for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system may overheat. CONSEQUENCE:

If the blower motor connector module overheats, it can increase the risk of a fire. REMEDY:

GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace part of the blower motor connector and harness, free of charge. Owners were sent interim notices on August 5, 2015. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Hummer customer service at 1-800-732-5493. GM's number for this recall is 15042.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 PM

Ironically, i got the notice in the mail yesterday. Today, my harness burned up. Might be the most crazy thing thats ever happened in my life.

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix