Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Ann,thats an unusual problem because in the lowest speed,ALL resistors are in the circuit in series with the motor,so it sounds like a switch or connector prob.
If you look under the glovebox,as they say,you should see the screws and the connector. the connections just hook the res to the sw. you might just wiggle that conn to see if anything changes,like a bad contact, hope its not the sw!!
you may not have the typical prob of the melted hi contact because you would have the other low speeds.
give it a look since you may not get anyone with pix right away.
Ive never had the prob,but i know how it works from reading and the manual.
good luck.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ann Slaybaugh
Craig: Just found your post on H3 blower problems and I think it is exactly what we need. Our AC quit working except on lowest speed on our trip back home to AZ.
Problem is there are no pix and when I right click and go to show pix, they still don't show. Any chance you could email or text them to me? I can't do anything without photos to show me the way.
My email is fourbyin@yahoo.com
My phone is 520-840-4839 for text
Working with a limited budget so I want to be able to do this myself.
Thanks
ann slaybaugh
check the connector & resistor...

Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 PM

If low speed works,all resistors are good.
To get a pix just hold a camera on the pass floor and tilt it up under the glove box.
I got some perfect shots but my fast net is not working to upload. You can do it in i1 minute!
Any or all the 5 wires you see can be grounded to test the speeds since thats what the sw does. If all speeds work with a ground wire jumper,its the sw, booo. Since your lo speed works, the sw ground is ok.
Mystery= i never heard of a bad speed sw yet?

Old 07-27-2012, 11:44 AM

Sounds like a good fix ! please send pics to wife's email? kimwallis02@centurytel.net
Thanks Kurt

Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Deacon David
Craig and RCactec - CAUTION - if you test the fan before you place the resistor back into the blower motor - DO NOT TOUCH IT or you will BURN your fingers - OUCH!

Wish I would have paid attention to this....it gets very very hot...dam!!!!!
Great fix though
CHEERS!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Hey Craig, will you send me the details/pics etc. on the ac/heater fan fix? Your post the pics was not showing up on my browser too? Would appreciate the fix!!! Gail
email: sedonafloral@msn.com

Old 08-18-2012, 07:42 PM

2010 Hummer H3 Alpha, 27K miles. Today, I started the vehicle, went to turn on the A/C as it is over 93 degrees and nothing. No air blowing, no response of any sort.

Pulled out of my spot, figured maybe I turn the H3 off and then back on and maybe it would kick back in, nothing.

My 2006 never had any issues whatsoever, but this 2010 is starting to upset me, especially because I have to drive some 110 miles to get the thing properly serviced.

Contacted OnStar to see what help, if any, as they were a good service way back when, but now pretty useless. In the past, they would contact a dealer and get you to a service person or ensure they would schedule one for you, etc. Now it is a waste of time.

I have no idea what is wrong, again, this Hummer gets an oil change every 3K miles, no off roading, no towing, etc.

Any suggestions on what I can do to at least get the air going as I have a long drive to Palm Springs where the temps will be above 110º to get this fixed.

Thanks all in advance for any help .

Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Smile Blower Fix

H32006,
Suggest you read all instances of this problem on the forum and pick the fix you are most comfortable with. If your 2010 is still under warrantee, recommend that you let the dealer fix it as all the real fixes on the forum will void your warrantee. If you're not under warrantee again, pick the fix you're comfortable with doing. The fix I did was simple and only took a few bucks and little time. Did mine several months back and it still works fine.

stwip2006

Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Still under warranty, but it is going to be one hell of a drive to get to the dealer.

Will report back later in the week how it went.

Originally Posted by stwip2006
H32006,
Suggest you read all instances of this problem on the forum and pick the fix you are most comfortable with. If your 2010 is still under warrantee, recommend that you let the dealer fix it as all the real fixes on the forum will void your warrantee. If you're not under warrantee again, pick the fix you're comfortable with doing. The fix I did was simple and only took a few bucks and little time. Did mine several months back and it still works fine.

stwip2006

Old 08-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Drove the 110 miles, no a/c to dealer.

Took all of 24 hours, resistor, etc. had to be replaced.

Working like a charm now.

Fixed under warranty.

Originally Posted by H32006
Still under warranty, but it is going to be one hell of a drive to get to the dealer.

Will report back later in the week how it went.

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix