Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:24 PM

Well I called the Hummer phone number 1-866-486-6376. They claim they never heard of this problem.....I explained it's all over the internet and I know people have called about it, she told me, this is the first time I've heard about it and made a "note" So I can either go to the Stealership and pay out the nose or I can do what my realistic mind is telling me to do and that's to dump my H3 and get a vehicle that I don't have to deal with this in 100 degree heat every summer with no A/C. So sad because it's a great truck other then the A/C.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:05 PM

you can look at the simple wiring info,the res provides speed control for the fan no matter what is on heat or cool. hi speed is direct 12v thru a relay on the fan
you do know you can kill the air by bumping the **** huh? like when the light goes out. not many guys have had air trouble,,,ever, mainly you!!

a hundred guys have posted the fix for the res. #1 topic next to tires.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Default Stealership

I know it's painful. I took my H3 to the Stealership because i'm to old to twist my body in those kinds of position now a days. lol It took about 200 bucks to get the AC fixed and has been running for close to a year now. Hey this is not as bad as my volvo it cost me big bucks everytime something broke on it. The one thing is most dealerships will stand behind their work for a year, depending on parts. I have found it's better to have the dealership do it if you don't have the skillset because unless you have a really good local shop most places I would not trust either. My dealership gets me in and out and i'm just out some cash. If you buy a hummer expect to pay for it. sad but true.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Default Freon Low amd needle jumping on measurement

Well as usual I look to far into things, being paranoid because the resistor failed last year, I thought it was the same issue. Nope! It was alittle low on freon, put half a can in and she is blowing cold air again, I did check the freon level but the gauge was bouncing up and down from the green to the red, so I thought it was full and was hesitant to more in. I finally went and bought a new can and no bouncing (it's a mystery) and it sai it was low, well that solved it, hope this helps someone else.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Default wiring harness/resistor STUCK

I cannot pull this connection apart!!!! HELP PLEASE!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:21 PM

I cant seem to separate the red from the white resistor either. Any ideas

Old 07-06-2014, 06:27 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by dogfan85
I cant seem to separate the red from the white resistor either. Any ideas
Grinder? Plasma cutter? Soldering iron? Sharp dykes?

Old 07-07-2014, 05:10 AM

I worked my way down the side with a small screwdriver and a pair of wire cutters . I then replaced the red end and all 5 of the connectors with new ones from the dealer . The parts were a few bucks .

Old 07-07-2014, 08:56 AM

They melt together from the heat.I used a small screw driver too.You can just cut it off since it will have to be replaced anyway.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:59 AM

The parts are not totaly cheap! The resister is,you can get it at any parts place for about 28 bucks. The harness is a dealer part,it cost me 53 bucks.At least doing it yourself is alot cheaper than dealer doing it.They wanted $250.00 plus parts!

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix