PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Popping Noises

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Default Popping Noises

Ok guys, I've had Gremlins hiding in my H2 and finally got fed up and decided to go hunting for them today. I have been experiencing intermittent popping noises coming from under the H2, some in the front of the H2 and some at the driver side floor. Today I took the H2 to my friends shop and put it up on the lift and checked it out thoroughly. The H2 has 90,000 miles on it and I found numerous things wrong. The popping from the front appears to be bad shocks (leaking) and severely damaged bump stops.

The noise under the driver side floor appears to be due to a damaged differential bushing at the cross-member.

I bought new shocks and a steering damper from rockauto.com tonight and I need to know what the size of the bump stops are and where I can buy them.

I also need to know if and where I can buy the differential cross-member bushing or if I have to buy the complete rebuilt crossmember that I found online with the eurothane bushings.

Any Help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I recently rebuilt my instrument cluster with new blue LEDs and stepper motors, replaced my oil sending unit, put in Irridium plugs and upgraded the rotors and pads to the Pro Stop Extreme Towing Package brakes both front and back and they are amazing. I now need to fix these last few things before I will feel good that the H2 is in good shape.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by RAHF; 04-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 AM

These are supposed to be the upgraded "Z71" bump stops:

GM Front Suspension Lower Control Arm Bumper Left 15835667 | eBay

For the bushing, I think you have to buy the complete setup but don't quote me on that.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:42 AM

I received my new bump stops, shocks & steering stabilizer, the new front differential cross-member arrives today. All the new parts will be installed next week so I can begin towing my boat and taking wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Disabled and Combat Veterans fishing in the near future. It will be nice to have the last of the mechanical issues corrected in the H2, I figure I have about 4 hours worth of work to complete the job.