PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Noises.. Any Ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Default More Noises.. Any Ideas??

Hey everyone... Back in again for service for the 5th time since Aug.. they havehad my H3 since yesterday morning and still can't pinpoint the problem(s). The Hummer tech up to this point has always known right away what was going on, but still today has no idea. First off there is a fluttering sound coming from underneath somewhere that you mainly hear at slower speeds. He told me that he was going to switch out the motor mounts and see if the noise stops, but really isn't sure if thats the problem. Second there is a thud sound coming from the front end when you go into a right or left turn. He said he still has no idea what that is and was going to work on the fluttering sound first. I seem to have had alot of odd problems that no one on here has really posted about. And he said that neither one of those were the steering shaft problem. Anyways just looking for some feedback. Thanks! btw..they gave me a jeep commander to drive until they find out

Old 01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Default RE: More Noises.. Any Ideas??

I dont believe him - I had the same issues and it was the steering unit. It has been recently re-designed and they replaced it. There are members on here that can get much deeper into the technical talk than I , but my money is on the steering.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Default RE: More Noises.. Any Ideas??

If they haven't replaced the steering shaft then make them do it because it's a bad part. All it has to do is get hot and the clunking begins. That thing caused all sorts of weird sounds in my 07 H3 that I never would have thought could be caused by a lower steering shaft.

Have it replaced, then see if further diagnosis is needed.