PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Default XM to Sirius

I just bought an H3 and I heard there is some chip you can have installed to convert your XM to Sirius has anyone heard of this?? I dont feel like having my radio ripped out to get a Sirius aftermarket radio. This chip would be ideal

Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Default RE: XM to Sirius

I don't know..I think it's fixed to only be XM..

BTW, Is Sirius the same price/month as XM?...If it is, Then I can't see paying that amount for radio reception, even if it come from the stars....At least not, if you live in a saturated FM market area like I do, where there are tons of Rock/country/jazz/blues/hip-hop (that's the rap crap) and classical stations...A travelin person, on the road all the time ..YES! I can see the need for XM.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:21 PM

Is there that big of difrence in XM and Sirius to want to switch if you could?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:25 PM

this product will give your stock gm headunit the ability to use sirius, the unit will display all sirius channels and playlists info just like it does now with XM...simple plug and play

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundkngm1v3.html

Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 PM

I used to have Xm and now I have sirius in my car and at home. Sirius is far superior in my opinion. They have actual deejays doing the programming not some random computer generated crap. Xm plays a lot of repeated crap. Atleast when it somes to the suff I like to listen to-

Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 AM

The Sirius to GM, SIRGM1, is now available at crutchfield.com. I got mine yesterday, and installed it in 30 minutes. Works great!
If you have factory XM it is plug and play -- super easy. If you do not have factory XM you will have to tap into a power source.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:26 PM

excellent. couple questions though, does it still have the same quality sound as the factory XM had and also can that Sirius converter box be hidden like in the glove box or something? thanks

Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 AM

ther is alot of space behind the radio area to put the converter, not a problem there. As far as sound, yes it will be identicle as a stock sirius headunit.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 AM

Do you know if you use one of the plug and play adpters for sirius, do you use the xm antenna, or do you have to install the sirius antenna?

Old 07-29-2006, 03:41 AM

I think you use the factory xm antenna, only difference in the two is the plug and I think the conversion kit has an adapter for that also.

Quick Reply: XM to Sirius